Quantcast

End Of Road For GOTMILF License Plate

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
End Of Road For GOTMILF License Plate
The Smoking Gun | July 21, 2004 | TSG

JULY 21--This is the story of GOTMILF. In May 2002, Michael Syravong filed a "personalized license plate application"with Washington's Department of Licensing. GOTMILF was Syravong's first choice among the three possible personalized tags he listed on the state form (he would have settled for SUPL8EZ or RCKSTAR). Asked for the meaning of GOTMILF, Syravong wrote, "Manual Inline Lift Fluctuator," which he would later claim was some kind of automotive gizmo. The 25-year-old software engineer's license plate choice was, amazingly, approved by bureaucrats who obviously never saw the film "American Pie" and were clueless about the acronym's real meaning.

Unfortunately for Syravong, however, two offended citizens knew that the plate was actually his sly play on the Got Milk? slogan crossed with the raunchy acronym. In February, 21 months after Syravong got the personalized plate for his Toyota (pictured), an aggrieved Washingtonian e-mailed a complaint to state officials. A second beef was received in April from a disgusted Snohomish parent who did not want "my children seeing this and inquiring as to what it means." Acting on the first complaint, state officials wrote Syravong seeking his response to the complaint. Fighting to keep GOTMILF, he responded with a letter that desperately tried to explain away his license plate. Despite Syravong's invocation of Bill of Rights protections, members of Washington's Personalized Plate Review Committee were not swayed by his argument--and even hinted that he may have committed a crime (making a false or misleading statement to a public servant) when he submitted his original plate application. In April, the state review committee voted to cancel Syravong's tag. He got the bad news in an April 13 letter chiding him for providing "inconsistent information regarding the definition of the plate." Stripped of GOTMILF, Syravong was forced to replace his distinctive tag with PUNISHR. We're counting the days until a motorist writes in to complain that Syravong's new plate advocates domestic violence or has S&M undertones.

Read it...

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
those are hillarious!!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys evey hear about that guy who named his mexican restaurant:

C.O.Jones?

I think it was in california, the state made him change the name and he named in "mexican restaurant" in protest.......I still get a laugh out of that one..funniest thing was that I heard the story on a PBS radio station...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
N8 said:
I wonder how these made it thru... :p

That is funny as hell! hahaha

That WA guy was on the local news.....

The news anchor tried to explain what MILF was. :D It is a lewed doragatory comment to a mother....or something. Had me laughing so hard. To funny!

R

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Damn True said:
When I lived in Hawaii there was a guy who had a plate that read 3M TA3 which apparently didn't arouse suspicion....but when read in one's rear view mirror
thats from the tail fin on the crashed plane from the cover of License to Ill...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I once saw a plate that read "ICE CAR" I couldn't figure it out until later that day when I realized it was a Datsun...

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
When I was driving threw Denver on I-70 there was a guy with a yellow Dodge truck and the tag said PLEASE and on the tail gate above the plate it said BLO and when I went past him it was som nasty hairy chested blading middle aged guy. Lord_Opie you seen this character?

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
RideND said:
My buddy's is BToff and he said it was Be Tough.
LOL...yeah sure it's "Be Tough"...does he keep ample supplies of kleenex and lotion in the car? :eek: :D :devil:

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
punkassean said:
I once saw a plate that read "ICE CAR" I couldn't figure it out until later that day when I realized it was a Datsun...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHA Brilliant!

Thats a nice Supra BTW.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A kid in highschool drove a green Cadillac hearse with the plate 666 when I lived in VA.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
In the US Coast Guard, Aviation Machinists Mates (engine mech's) are lovingly (or not) refered to as nose pickers. Reason being that years ago the CG had Sikorsky S-58 helo's that had two turbine engines housed in the nose of the helo. When I first got into the CG I worked for a Senior Chief who's plate read NOS PIKR.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
A guy in my frat had a plate that was DOUSWLO. He got a couple of calls from the state on it and always told them he was an ear,nose & throat doctor. :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Damn True said:
I dont.... :confused:
say it really slow and phonetically....

DATSUN ICE CAR....

DATS A N ICE CAR.....

THATS A NICE CAR!

[swedish]

Hey Franz?...

Ya,...

Dat's a nice car!

[/swedish]

got it?

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Before I we got married, there was a girl (whore, and proud of it)who lived on the same block as my wife and her plate was ZE MI. When you read it backwards, it comes out IM EZ