Quantcast

Enduro 05 rearshock question?

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
I reacently bought an Specializrd Enduro Expert 2005 and now i wonder if there are anyone here who had changed the 5th Element air shock to another? My question is: Wich coilshock should i go for, Manitou, Fox, Avalanche, Romic or something other? I mostly ride in the woods and some downhill, freeride i guess.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Hairyballs said:
I reacently bought an Specializrd Enduro Expert 2005 and now i wonder if there are anyone here who had changed the 5th Element air shock to another? My question is: Wich coilshock should i go for, Manitou, Fox, Avalanche, Romic or something other? I mostly ride in the woods and some downhill, freeride i guess.
There is a pretty detailed discussion about this over on MTBR. Check the Specialized forum there. With an 05 frame you may run into warranty issues by swapping the shock. It looks like the 06 Enduros are coming with the Fox Air, but I dont know if it has been modified to fit. The 06 SX Trail comes with a DHX coil, but again, it might be modified to fit the frame.

dothedew772

Chimp
Jul 26, 2005
enduro expert shock is 8.75x2.5”. just out of curiosity why do you want to swap out the 5th element, I have an 05 enduro expert and love it

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
First i must say that i also love this ride, its light(compared to my Demo9) and for my riding i fits just right.

dothedew772: Well, the main thing is that the 5th Element isnt as plush as a coilshock, but i probably will keep the Element shock.

Btw, it was some interesting reading on www.mtbr.com about this issue.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i would keep the air shox that you have i know some one that hits huge drobs with it and nothing has ever happened. but if you really need to get a coil i would go with the dhx with propedal it is the nicest thing out for the geometry and intended us of the endero