Quantcast

Enduro Fork Seals

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
So, about a month ago, I finally decided to get a pair of fork seals for my bike, hurra! My 2010 boxxer races has been crying for some new seals, so I ordered them up on the website, payed via paypal and sent them an email. I got no reply at all, which was kinda weird... two weeks passed and decided to call, no answer, just a machine talking about how they are apparently relocating¿? OOOPS! why wasnt this posted on the website? or did I just miss this? Called again today, same story, any one anything about them? Will I ever see my seals? Lost cause?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
It was on the site a while ago. Email them and Im sure theyll get back to you pretty quickly. They always been spot on with customer service with me.

I've ordered several things from them, and emailed them on numerous occasions, and they've always been A+ with their customer service.

Try another email.

I'll agree that their website is a little outdated, and tends to be neglected a little, thus the reason their relocation wasn't posted there. I'm sure moving an operation of that size is a stressful ordeal, so once they're done they'll probably contact you with all the apologies they can muster.

Good luck with it!

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
after hearing pros and cons to the enduro seals, i decided to try a set on one of my Lyriks. enduro seals = total garbage, at least on that fork. worst stiction i've seen in my life. don't know if it's a QC issue w/ enduro -- some people have good luck, some not as good.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
I've had excellent customer service from them. My 4 yr daughter took a screwdriver and hammer to one of the wipers that I left on the workbench. I emailed asking if I could buy a replacement. Next thing I know a replacement arrived in the mail free of charge.

The seals are on a Pike on my DS bike and I haven't really abused them yet but so far they feel really good.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
after hearing pros and cons to the enduro seals, i decided to try a set on one of my Lyriks. enduro seals = total garbage, at least on that fork. worst stiction i've seen in my life. don't know if it's a QC issue w/ enduro -- some people have good luck, some not as good.
Had a chance to use enduro wiper seals on my fork and it's the biggest crap i have ever seen. Ridiculus amount of stiction. After I had installed them on my fork it absolutely stopped moving(they were crazy tight). Btw those enduro seals were made for newer WB models with 32mm stanchions, as they had no seals for older models(mine was old DH2 with 31.75mm stanchions!!!). After deinstalation they deformed so much, that they were not sealing at all when i tried to install them again ...

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
I haven't had any problems with my enduro seals fox 40 or boxxer wc, no stiction, no leaking, took awhile to arrive, but arrive they did.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I love the enduros on my lyrik. The spring side leaked little (more than like user error) but some super thick oil fixed that. I used some of the stanchion lube they sell but no slick honey and it made the fork go from good to great.

Before I got the enduros my fork would only rebound to 145mm without me pulling up on the bar, with them it goes all the way to 160mm consistently.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have them on an older Fox Vanilla RLC. They were installed shortly before it came into my possession. There was some stiction at first, after they broke in some there were fine. It's my understanding that this is fairly common.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
I have no doubt they have a great product, thats why I bought them in the first place. Oh well, 2 emails and a message on facebook page, hope that works? I want my seals soon!

jason3559

Chimp
Jun 21, 2004
New England
As mentioned above, the break in period was fairly significant for me (Fox 40 and 32 Van RLC). The long term testing showed no appreciable gain in performance compared to stock Fox seals, both in longevity and day to day need for maintenance. Lastly, if using them impacts the manufactures warranty (not sure), I don't see an advantage using them.

My advise, use the stock seals...at least for Fox forks.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
I've run Enduro seals on several forks over the years (all my Fox forks ended up with Enduros at some point) and don't have anything terribly negative to say about 'em. As I understand it, they are spec'ed to a very high level of pressure, hence the tight fit and stiction. I dunno... was never really an issue for me. Definitely a lot better than the stock "seal" imo (particularly for folks like myself who don't maintain super tight service intervals). YMMV.

As for customer service, I've never purchased anything online. I go direct to the source (ABI Industries) in Oakland, CA. Walk in, pay cash, walk out with goodies. The folks are very helpful/friendly.

http://www.abiindustries.com/Pages/contact.html

(Obviously this doesn't help the OP since he's in Chile, but for those of you Bay Area folks......)

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
i knew they had a reputation for being sticky during the break-in period, but mine never broke in after 10+ rides. I suppose if I rode another 50 rides they'd break in eventually, but since the stock RS seals work fine for me, I don't see the point.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
cool, even though its kinda late, I got an email from Chris at Enduro (both via email and facebook) which was really nice, I hope I can see me seals soon! My fork is looking forward to it!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
cool, even though its kinda late, I got an email from Chris at Enduro (both via email and facebook) which was really nice, I hope I can see me seals soon! My fork is looking forward to it!
Make sure you put some triflow on the seals every ride or 2. It helps keep them cleaned and lubed. Everyone that bitches about how tight they are never does this. Mine have felt great since day one

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Make sure you put some triflow on the seals every ride or 2. It helps keep them cleaned and lubed. Everyone that bitches about how tight they are never does this. Mine have felt great since day one
+1

I had my Boxxer rebuilt a couple months ago and enduro seals put in. They were a tad bit tight for the first day but I use triflow every few rides and the fork feels like butter now.