Quantcast

Enduro SX (supercross) as a trail bike

dirtpaws

Chimp
Jan 19, 2004
Parts Unknown
Question to all you Enduro SX riders (Supercross/4x model, not Trail)...

Have any of you setup your SX as a do all bike, even for trail riding?

Seems like the SX is perfect candidate for a play bike and a trail bike because it has a taller seat "tube", front der cable stops/guide and neutral geometry (69/69) for jumping and riding.

The lower bottom bracket is not an issue becaues it's the same as my XC hardtail.

Any thoughts?

I am posting a photo of the SX (Supercross) frame to avoid the subject being confused with the SX Trail, as often occurs in previous post that I have read.

dablake914

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Burlington, CT
i just got mine all together last thursday and i absalutely love it. it handles trails perfect, and jumps/slalom type stuff like a dream. mine has a pike on the front with an e13 srs truvativ cranks bars stem. i would suggest if you get the 05 model to swap out that 5th element rear shock. try and get an 06 if you can they replaced bushings in the linkage with sealed bearings and the fox rp3 is very nice

dirtpaws

Chimp
Jan 19, 2004
Parts Unknown
Thanks for the reply...

Yeah I hear ya on that 5th Element. I just replaced a Manitou Swinger with a Fox RP3 on my Turner Burner. I am not a fan of single setting stable platform stuff, seems like a compromise.

So the 05 has bushings? I would be getting an 05. My local shop is trying to clear out an 05 frame for $900. Correct me if I am wrong, but I had read that the SX uses a custom rear shock length 7.5x1.75, which if it's true, that will be impossible to find an RP3 off the shelf that will fit?

I am not too worried about bushings, as Turner's use bushings and have had an excellent history.

Good to hear that your SX is trail rideable. It's one of the few, if not only, full susp 4x frame that seems like it would handle well as a trail bike as well.