Quantcast

Energy Drinks and Partying

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I rarely drink Red Bull/Monster/Rockstar. Mostly either for the super early bike rides or the long drive home afterwards.

I am notorious for calling a night early and getting my beauty sleep. I was wondering if I tossed a couple of energy drinks down during a drinking session, would I be able to make it all night?

And how would I feel in the morning?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You might be able to stay out later, but in my experience, you'll feel like ****. If you want to stay up all night take some proper drugs like a man. You live in SF so you know you can get the good stuff.

Just remember, if it don't cost 60s you don't drop it.

BTW Where do you ride around there? I used to ride Skeggs point, a bunch of places by the coast in Marin, that place to the south with the really rolling hills, and a lot of street down by the civic centre and stuff.

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
My problem with rockstar/red bull ect. is that i fall off of them hard. If i have one in 3 hours i will be in worse shape than if i hadn't had one in the first place. However red bull does go well with jager and/or vodka.
JP

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ugh....if you need a boost just have a shot of espresso. those other things are nasty & make me feel even nastier.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the past few years it seems that for me booze has become a energy drink on it's own. Three drinks or more and I'm like a squirrel on crack. I used to have to go find a place to take a nap after a few drinks. This has made moderation quite difficult.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You might be able to stay out later, but in my experience, you'll feel like ****. If you want to stay up all night take some proper drugs like a man. You live in SF so you know you can get the good stuff.

Just remember, if it don't cost 60s you don't drop it.

BTW Where do you ride around there? I used to ride Skeggs point, a bunch of places by the coast in Marin, that place to the south with the really rolling hills, and a lot of street down by the civic centre and stuff.
Well, the whole idea is to avoid the drugs with kid crack, energy drinks.

Off topic, one thing about me is that I have a lot of friends in the East Bay, so besides Skeggs, I like to do Napa Skyline Park, Joaquin Miller for DH, and Redwood for a beginner ride. Also Soquel Demo Forest for a hard up and down ride.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
As much as I hate those over-sweet chemical-laden placebos, I applaud the triumph of marketing and wish I had thought of it.

What makes you go home, being tired or being drunk? If it's drunk, drink a water after every couple of beers/drinks and learn to slow down once you have a buzz. If you need a boost, have a coffee.

For a more consistent energy level without all the peaks and valleys, get rid of the sugar and unecessary chemicals in your life and get back to pure drugs.

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
Most energy drinks have vitamin B-12 in them so you'll be feeling fine in the morning... At least that's the vitamin I take before I crash out after drinking...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Basically all those "Energy Drinks" do is dehydrate you. So mixing Red Bull and vodka all night would be a bad idea. You'll wake up so dehydrated that you won't know which way is up and the hangover doesn't go away (I did this exactly once). Now, if I'm going to drink those, I'll have one or two, then limit myself to water for an hour or so, then drink as many half -n- half's and bushmills as I can handle. Finish off the night with a greasy burger a bunch of water and I get away scott-free the next morning.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A lot of those energy drinks are extremely acidic, that and the high sugar content they will rot the **** out of your teeth.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Werd on the two drink limit of Red Bull and vodkas. Seriously, no joke. I've had GREAT luck with two Red Bulls and vodka, usually followed by more mellow drinks, like light beer. However, the few times I've mixed and tried to drink 3 or more, bad things have happened.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
What energy drink mixes well with Whiskey?
Redbull and Jack is total a$$, do any combos work?

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Back in my younger days ( before Red Bull) we would drink 151 Rum mixed with Jolt Cola. Very violent drunk. Couple glasses of water before sleep and a couple b12 will keep ya right. Found the best B12 when I was in Utah, you actually put it in your nose. Try mixing Red bull with unsweetened green tea and vodka. . different....and its good fopr you!!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Who pays 60 for x?

San Fransisco must suck.

And yeah, too much caffeene in your system is not a good thing when partying. Keep your drinking clean, stoli and smirnoff FTW. Usually if im feeling like **** a few glasses of water work real well, you dont realize how dry your system is. Ridalin and other ADD meds work like a dream if blown, and probably wont kill your brain as fast either. And you wont have any trouble remembering that wasted girls name either. :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Who pays 60 for x?

San Fransisco must suck.

And yeah, too much caffeene in your system is not a good thing when partying. Keep your drinking clean, stoli and smirnoff FTW. Usually if im feeling like **** a few glasses of water work real well, you dont realize how dry your system is. Ridalin and other ADD meds work like a dream if blown, and probably wont kill your brain as fast either. And you wont have any trouble remembering that wasted girls name either. :D
I've read this post no less than 4 times, and I'm still confused. Help?

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
I tried several online translators and was still unable to figure it out....
I think I've got it: translate into Russian and back into English with Google.
mack said:
60 Who pays for x? San Francisco must stomach. And yes, too much caffeene your system is not a good thing especially when. Write clean drinking and stoli smirnoff FTW. Usually if they sense **** several glasses of water and the real work, you can not understand how dry your system. Ridalin and other works ADD meds to dream if exploded and killed probably helps your brain as quickly as. And you do not have any trouble, recalled that wasted or the girls.
Actually, maybe it's still about the same as before...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
So it sounds like the real question is should I do coke, meth, X, or ritalin?

sweetimzack

Monkey
May 28, 2006
drink gatorade + vodka or gatorade + jack daniels, if you wanna get away with it if you got a wifey and dont want her to know the vodka doesnt change the color and and if you use the jd with it make sure its a dark colored gatorade like purple =P

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
drink gatorade + vodka or gatorade + jack daniels, if you wanna get away with it if you got a wifey and dont want her to know the vodka doesnt change the color and and if you use the jd with it make sure its a dark colored gatorade like purple =P
:think: I'm generally the one making drinks for both of us so we don't have that issue (and we both like bourbon on the rocks) :D

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
First off, drinking anything with whiskey should be considered a crime. I also think anything that tastes nearly as chemical as the energy drinks can't be good- same thing applies to sweet and low. I always thought water, gatoraid or any type of fruit juice makes the night go longer.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I just threw up in my mouth. gatorade and whiskey is a ****ing crime. and why on earth do you hide your drinking from your "wifey"?