Quantcast

Epic Summer Part 1

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
So after months of going back and forth I have decided not to buy a whister pass this year. The plain: ride new trails every week.

Week 1:Woodlot, Galbraith

On the way up to Woodlot it was raining the whole time and even tough we were confident the sun would come out when we got there it did not. After DirtBurglar relized he had forgot his helmit we went in search of some sort of skate or bike shop, luckly we found a freeride bike shop in the middle of noware. Back to the trails and up the hill we went. It was rather misrable we were quickly soaking wet from sweeting and the rain. Once we got to the trails it got better, the soil was still tacky and the cider ladders were not slick at all. The day turned out to be "epic" and we even had a little sun at the end of the ride.

Quick stop on the hike up for refreshments

Here we are at the top, ladder looks wet but not as we found out, not slick

Here is some vid, 1st jump is on blood doner, then Platniem and the very last 2 hips is a new trail on galbraith.

Next day at Galbraith, had a fun day but to much canadian beer and bar food. New trail was sweet, like a pumptrack then these big hips

Next week I hope to hit blackrock/post. Anyone want to go I have room in my car... P.M. me!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
I take it the "please don't ride when wet" sign was missing from the mouth of platinum?

Aside from Platinum, the rest of the woodlot is usually golden when moderately wet. Donor's gap (the one you video'd) can be sooo sketchy when wet...nicely done!

Next time you guys head up that way, pop outta platinum, head down towards giant killer's exit/hoots entrance and watch on your right not too far from where hoots starts. that's where h/j start. If you like gaps, that trail will have you smiling ear to ear. But that is another dry weather trail.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Did not see the sign about not riding when wet, the guy at the shop told us to walk up the trail instead of up the road. We did hit h/j and it was pretty sweet, I think that last berm shot from the vid is from that trail.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Nice Kim. The woodlot looks prime right now.

Dont worry too much about not getting a seasons pass. Whistler is not going anywhere. Besides...if you skip a year, there will be a bunch of new things, for the following year. I am doing the same thing in a way. Even though I will be based in Whistler again this summer, the plan is to hit up trail a ton more, and the park less.