Quantcast

Eric Carter answers your questions - Vail Lake Resort Bike Park

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I want to mention something here......right now I'm getting a lot of praise for getting this going but there have been others that have been instrumental in helping this project along.

Robert Herber and his Father have helped out a bunch, we had numerous meetings on this project that seemed like we were going to go in circle's forever... and i can tell you Robert is working as hard as i have been doing XC trails out there to make a complete and rounded park.

Jason Renoa (sp?) has his successful 12 hr race series and has also built a number of trails out there.

Laird @ granny gear and Dave @ Xterra...these guys holding events has been a big help as well....all of this has been building up to the gravity portion. without these events there would have never been MTB out there.

and the crop of XC riders currently riding at the resort...the consistent use of the property has shown that there is a interest for this stuff in all disciplines.

i was lucky enough to be invited out there to meet Bill through Robert and got a chance to propose the gravity park to Bill...i know I'm not the first person, i just think i was the first person that Bill thought was truly knowledgeable about gravity based on my accomplishments as a racer.

thanks for all the good words on this deal.

That's great you give others due credit, but you're researching, planning, and representing active riders- not too mention communicating directly with us common folk. Networking to build rideable mountains should have been done over 10 years ago by pros that will remain nameless (i'm trying to work on being positive and PC stuff:)

Just suck up the publicity and use it to keep doing what you're doin'. Cheers!