Quantcast

ernie > you

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I know we already had a thread about the AMA Nationals at Thunder Valley here in CO, but this just came across my e-spot today so I thought I'd share. Fonseca busting this INSANE huge triple-step-up thing after holeshotting. Only a few guys were getting it in practice, and I think Fonseca was the only one to hit it in a moto. 20,000 people went crazy. It. Was. Awesome.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
It's not that there aren't mountain bikers that can jump that far, it's that we can't put it in a stadium and cram 20k people in to watch. Mountain bikings marketing issue is a logistics issue.
DH racing is doomed cause you have to do it out in the middle of nowhere

dothedew772

Chimp
Jul 26, 2005
buildyourown said:
It's not that there aren't mountain bikers that can jump that far, it's that we can't put it in a stadium and cram 20k people in to watch. Mountain bikings marketing issue is a logistics issue.
they made it work in golf...

To see golf live you miss most of the action as with DH.

But on TV with a well set up camera crew you can bring the whole of the action to people.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
buildyourown said:
I think what is hard with downhill is that you see the rider for 10 seconds (or less) then hes gone. It is also hard to express on TV, only a large company could film the whole course, freecaster is doing a good job with that at the moment. I think that is why there is a future in slopestyle events, plus slopestyle has the "Gnar" factor. But I think racing will always be there, I cant imagine it getting huge or anything though.

Sorry to continue the thread jacking, that picture is crazy, awesome out of the hole shot to do something like that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
trailhacker said:
Just to stir the pot a little...
When people wonder why MTB's, or more precisely MTX, don't get the exposure and cash that moto's do, I just have to see a picture like that to understand...
Ask stikman, he'll tell ya: BIG AIR.

:D

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
dothedew772 said:
they made it work in golf...
Golf is 32152143512352435 more popular then Mountain Biking, it was before TV coverage and it will probably always be that way.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Full Trucker said:
I know we already had a thread about the AMA Nationals at Thunder Valley here in CO, but this just came across my e-spot today so I thought I'd share. Fonseca busting this INSANE huge triple-step-up thing after holeshotting. Only a few guys were getting it in practice, and I think Fonseca was the only one to hit it in a moto. 20,000 people went crazy. It. Was. Awesome.
How much of that is........?

A. Horsepower.
B. Skill.
c. Minerals....(ballz)

I'm asking because i dont know.....

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
buildyourown said:

20k it isnt but 7k is still ok.

and yes, i think youre right, dh isnt going to take off the way its being run by the people its being run by and where it is being done, sad because it could.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
im so stoked i jst got an 04 crf 250 with rp3 suspension..rpm 302 kit with 5hrs on it and lots of other goodies about 5 min ago

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
wydopen said:
im so stoked i jst got an 04 crf 250 with rp3 suspension..rpm 302 kit with 5hrs on it and lots of other goodies about 5 min ago
you suck ;)... can t wait to get out of hermany... i ve had my eye on one of those for too long.............. :(

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
dude this thing is mean...ti pipe and pegs, black wheels and hubs...the forks are anodized black its sick...im kinda happy though cause they dont have the title for a few days but i think is for the best cause im going to whistler next week and i would probally break myself if i rode this weekend..i havent had a big bike in a few years and all iv been riding is my 50

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
LOL nice, good call with heading up to Whistler before riding the new bike... Have fun with that thing, see ya in Whistler...