Quantcast

### Escape Day GMT###

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Waiting for bbq in Winter Park, en route to house. Still haven’t spied the flock of sparrows yet. I am girding myself

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wow.
my friend that I have talked about on here suffers from life threatening seizures, and has been to multiple clinics, Mayo and otherwise. She was just given a diagnosis that her brain may only function enough to have reasonable quality of life for three-five more years.
And, she is somewhat ecstatic. She has been in a miserable marriage, is getting a divorce, and is going to live life to the fullest. Her attitude is amazing, and is a lot like my dad’s. She feels like she has been set free, to a degree. It’s a lot to digest, she is staying here at our house for a few days while we are in Denver. Very interesting, and in a way, inspiring.
Heavy, though.
I love her to pieces, and just want her to be happy.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I have a Yakima Skybox 16 (irc). The 24 is fucking huge and it's recommended for only Suburban-sized cars, as it's super fucking long and with wind leverage is really bad for shorter roofed cars.
Yeah, fuck this shit.

Factory cross bars are to low for every box available, if that isn't; let's change the design so you have to buy more shit, I don't know what is.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, fuck this shit.

Factory cross bars are to low for every box available, if that isn't; let's change the design so you have to buy more shit, I don't know what is.
The weight limit for OEM bars are shit too. Get a set of old Yakima round bars and find the right feet if you're okay with the wind noise. Used kits are relatively cheap.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Shweaty balls. 94 today, 104 tomorrow, 114 on Sunday. Ugh, I moved away from this dammit.

<edit> because yeah.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woot
Reached the West Fork of the Carson River with about 40 minutes of light left. Found a campsite next to the river. The evening rise was going off. Trout were surface feeding and jumping everywhere. I put together my 3 wt fly rod with a 6x leader and. #18 Royal Coachman. I caught and released 6 trout before it got too dark. So awesome.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good God, man... buy gloves that fit. :D
Ha! This is a COVID problem. I normally wear/order Bastion mediums which fit perfectly but they are unavailable atm due to the Ronivur. I had to order an unknown brand and they fit differently. As you can see their medium is more like a large.