Quantcast

EscapeArtist made Lil' Manimal Famous!!!

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Not to be a downer, but I would be much more impressed with your mad parenting if Noah wanted to do ballet more than anything and you still spent that much time with him.
Whats the word im looking for.....oh yeah that would be OXYGEN THIEF!

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
manimal said:
this is probably the coolest thing anyone has ever done on the news!

if you remember escapeartist's thread about his school project:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148872&highlight=lil+manimal

he got on the news with it tonight and said some really cool things. i'm so floored right now, no one has ever really said stuff like that about me/noah. the story nearly made my wife cry :thumb:

anyhoo...i recorded the vid through my camcorder and posted it on putfile.

linky to the vid: http://media.putfile.com/Noah-and-Dad-news-video

and the actual pic

alex....you are the man! thank you sooo much!

great work alex, tubby, and noah. congrats man

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Alright dude, jeez... I haven't met the man. Perhaps I made an "ass out of U and Me" as they say.

My brother is the problem kid right now. He is in some trouble with the law. I, on the other hand, did exactly what daddy wanted: got a CS degree and program computers. Now my brother has all kinds of issues with feeling like my parents love me a lot more than they love him. He screams and screams at them. It's a sad sight.

Just as long as you love all your kids equally. Don't spend all your time with the one who wants to ride bikes. Don't make him feel like he HAS to ride bikes. You wouldn't want him to end up like me.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Not to be a downer Manimal, lilManimal, and Escapeartist.... just kidding... I think I couldn't be more impressed... fantastic explanation of the photo, and relationship there!!!

THIS PHOTO OWNS!!!

GREAT PRESS FOR MTBing TOO:thumb:

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
One can tell that it is a bona-fide "warm-fuzzy" story when it causes a self-indulgent, recklessly happy, young, single guy like myself to feel the tick of the biological clock. I thought that only ever happened to women.

Great ****! Congrats to all involved.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
brungeman said:
GREAT PRESS FOR MTBing TOO:thumb:
I hadn't even thought about that. How could anybody say mountain biking is bad when an inocent kid can be so stoked on it. Only thing to make this story better would be if that kid's dad were in law enforcement, and not just a pencil pushed, but a real cop just trying to make the world safer. Oh right......

Now who here can turn this into a screenplay?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Just as long as you love all your kids equally. Don't spend all your time with the one who wants to ride bikes. Don't make him feel like he HAS to ride bikes. You wouldn't want him to end up like me.

Werd. My girls are still a bit young to really be into anything yet. for now i think it's balanced out by me being home with the girls a lot during the week while noah is at school. when he comes home we all try and go do something but i try to have a full afternoon a week devoted to him....he misses out on a lot of daddy time because his school and my work schedule conflict a lot. we'll go 3 days sometimes without seeing each other....so i try to to make up for it whenever i can.
i'll heed your warning...it's something i conciously consider when i'm walking out the door w/ noah and my oldest daughter is giving me doe eyes.
but for the record....i am NOT the stereotypical "BMX dad"; if noah wants to quit riding and try something else so be it...even if it's ballet ;)