Quantcast

ETA on Corsair bikes?

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Are any of these out in the public yet? I was pretty much set on getting a Cove STD but after getting the price, I think I'll go with something else, their just more money then I can justify spending on a frame.

The Corsair maelstrom is looking pretty damn good to me and the price is inline with what I'm prepared to spend.

so when can I get one?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
[Tha]Shovla;2736750 said:
The rep told me it was like march-late april. Just e-mail the guy with your ?'s he is super cool and willing to talk to you. Their bikes are dope
good stuff, the guys really nice and the bikes are sick.

as is your sig.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
good stuff, the guys really nice and the bikes are sick.

as is your sig.
Thanx :) and yes i think the Maelstrom is one illllll Bike. That bottom bracket / pivot point all as one peice is so great. I would imagine it makes for one heck of a stiff rear end and very strong too. I also really really like their dirt jumper bike i think its a good design too.

When i spoke to the rep he said they were offering the Maelstrom frame and the rear shock, and the rear thru axle but not the front fork as whats included in the price. the only reason i include this info is because all their bikes are pictured with a front fork. If anyone wants a price on any bikes he will be happy to tell you. i dont know how public they are so i dont want to speak out of turn.

I would be interested in buying the frame without the shock, my next bike will have an Avy shock with remote resivor and high lo compression adjustment. but thats another thread :)

As for the comment about the Fly ... no idea what your talking about. But i am also interested in any info someone has on the new Foes Fly, PM me though dont thread jack :poster_oops:

:monkeydance: josh

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
[Tha]Shovla;2737090 said:
As for the comment about the Fly ... no idea what your talking about. But i am also interested in any info someone has on the new Foes Fly, PM me though dont thread jack :poster_oops:

:monkeydance: josh

For the sake of clarity, I believe DirtyMike was referring to a company completely different from Corsair (possibly Bionicon?), and the ability to adjust geo/travel on the fly. Not the Foes Fly.

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
For the sake of clarity, I believe DirtyMike was referring to a company completely different from Corsair (possibly Bionicon?), and the ability to adjust geo/travel on the fly. Not the Foes Fly.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :poster_oops: :imstupid:

well ... even still ... if anyone wants to chat about the Foes Fly ... PM me. I kinda want one but im so on the fence about which company to go with. i should just shut up about it and buy a VP Free and be done with it.

Wow u know its a slow day in the kitchen when i post this much :busted: hope the boss isnt wathcing :disgust:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yes, sorry about clarity there, somene posted a bike that with a flip of a elver, moved air from the rear to the front and vice versa for An "On the fly" Geo/travel adjustment, Ill see if i can find it again

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
[Tha]Shovla;2737194 said:
im so on the fence about which company to go with...

I'm not going to even spew on about my love for mine, and what TRUE pedaling efficency is...Phenomenal bike for very little cash

And that was NOT to deter away from Corsair. I was soooo hard for a Maelstrom, just couldn't wait for the release date. Turned out OK for me. I'm stoked.
But I spoke with them a few times and hung up very satisfied each time. It doesn't sound like anyone riding a Corsair will have any CS issues to deal with!

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
Photos of the Corsair prototypes and components are posted to this public Flickr acct:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corsairbikes/sets/

The Maelstrom is still in prototyping. It's going well, but production can take as long as three months after the design is finalized... bottom line, It might be a while before these are in stores.

Königs and Ducats are built and painted, hopefully available in 4-5 weeks?... I am REALLY hoping to be rocking my new König in Virgin in February...:clapping:

Attachments

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
sickness, did i hear somebody say they were out of seattle? and i never saw anywhere the travel on the konig, anybody know that?