Quantcast

etbw

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
previously i thought that all the kids wearing those shirts were on a team. i now know that their just reppin their local shop. shop owner or anyone who knows these kids, please explain to them that when i rider is behind you asking you to pull over you need to pull over. i had to stop a couple of times and give them room so i wouldn't run them over. Thanks in advance for getting them to understand this.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Well I wouldn't exactly yell at them, unless it was on your race run. I just lock my rear for a sec. if I come up on someone, I think it's nicer then yelling? They aren't the only ones doing that... but then again alot of people do stupid things on practice day like stand on top of the Redbull jump.

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I'd hate to say this, but that's your fault, you should not be telling ANYONE to "Pull Over", you do not own the park. New, slower riders have the right to ride Diablo too! Cut them some slack...

Maybe if you'd stop hitting the easy Sh!t all day and tear up the back of the mountain (BMW, Stigmata) you won't have these issues.....
_________

Today some assh0le was about 2 feet behind me in Alpine, when i hit the wall ride really high, the assh0le did not hit the wall ride and passed me on the lower part where the dirt meets the wall. Once I hit the end of the wallride and bunny hopped off i landed about 1 inch from his rear wheel.....

If i would have crashed we or gotten hurt, i would have chased the assh0le down and kick his ass....
_________

Moral of the story, give people about 30 feet maybe 100 feet when riding behind them....

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
very funny dave. but seriously this was on the race course, first i asked in a kind polite way. then the kid kept on going i had to stop in the u.s. open berms becuase i was dying from inhaling all his dust. and i was riding the back side most of today. i've also heard other people complain about this, and the guy who owns the shop said he would try and do something about it.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
today in practice 2 people pulled over for me in the berms at the end of the course. one was on a brooklyn and i dont remember the other one but he said sorry, i thought it was funny as hell.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
yea most people were pretty good about it. and dave i was thinking about putting this green frog squeaky thing on my 40 so it makes tons of noise. but i can't get it to fit. damn things made for little kids bars.

Jun 13, 2007
jay,ny
previously i thought that all the kids wearing those shirts were on a team. i now know that their just reppin their local shop. shop owner or anyone who knows these kids, please explain to them that when i rider is behind you asking you to pull over you need to pull over. i had to stop a couple of times and give them room so i wouldn't run them over. Thanks in advance for getting them to understand this.
if you dont want to catch up to people,just wait and give them space before you start your run

nano5467

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
very funny dave. but seriously this was on the race course, first i asked in a kind polite way. then the kid kept on going i had to stop in the u.s. open berms becuase i was dying from inhaling all his dust. and i was riding the back side most of today. i've also heard other people complain about this, and the guy who owns the shop said he would try and do something about it.

im sorry i couldnt pass this up, he was going so slow that you wanted him to move over yet u still "ate his dust." sorry i just found that hilarious, im done

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
im sorry i couldnt pass this up, he was going so slow that you wanted him to move over yet u still "ate his dust." sorry i just found that hilarious, im done
did you try being stuck behind someone in the u.s. open berms. it was like riding in a sand storm

ETBW

Chimp
May 29, 2007
Dobbs Ferry, NY
Hey guys. Sorry about the whole sandstorm thing. If that ever happens again, just give whoever it is a couple seconds. We totally understand that there are people better then us on the mountain but if the propper space is given, there will be no on course collisions or trail traffic.

ETBW is more of a way to rep. our shop then to have an actual team. As I have said many times before, we are just here to have fun and dick around. We obviously have no intentions of ruining anyones run. Especially on the race course.

If anything like that happens again, PLEASE don't be scared come up to one of us and tell us what happened.

Sorry again.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
yeah i talked to one of the kids down at the bottom. i'd given him a few seconds than almost hit him cause he was standing on the middle of the pro jump not moving. when i talked to him he didn't respond or even make any gesture that he understood. it was odd