Quantcast

ETSU race

Steven

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
North carolina
I'll be there for the race this weekend, where is the start of the downhill located? And if anyone know the Fletchers (Eric and Etan) home phone number please E-mail it to me, they have some parts for me St1222@aol.com

Thanks

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Originally posted by HILLA-GO-RILLA
PM ZTH13 he has all knowledge to all these questions........
He has'nt replied, He has'nt replied to my other PM either, i dont think he goes on the forums much

-Mike T.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
Check Red Roof Inn in Johnson City. Last time I got drunk and passed out there it was $29/night.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by caboverpete
I think i saw you there yesteday... I was on the DH course most of the morning but i brought my black AS-X over to the MTX course to play for a bit.
Yeah, I was on that white SX. I rode the DH course afterwards. I worked on the last drop a couple of times then rode the course once more. See ya'll this weekend.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by andym
Check Red Roof Inn in Johnson City. Last time I got drunk and passed out there it was $29/night.
I have not personally checked., however I know of a few who have. Everything under $100 is full on friday. Saturday may be a different story.
I haven't checked the vacancy of the overpasses yet.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
I think its graduation weekend... everybody jacks their rates up. I guess I'm lucky, my sister lives less than 2 miles from campus.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
cheapest we found is for 65$ at the red carpet in on friday night

almost every hotel/motel nearby is booked:(

-Mike T.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Credit---NO!

The courses are located on both side of Southwest after the RR trussel. Take first left to physical plant warehouse and MX is on left.

Take right at first parking lot and the DH finish is 20 yards up the trail.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
btw, will I be able to get a receipt for the payment for the race fees.... i NEED that receipt so I can get reimbursment

-Mike T.

K2

Chimp
Sep 21, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I'm planning to do the race on Sunday but might not have a chance to preride the course. Can anyone tell me if there is any significant peddling (uphill) on it? Still trying to decide which bike to bring.

Thanks

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
I built the DH for a place that was technical, but still had a lot of pedalling for trainning. My fastest time is on my full DH rig, but if it rains an XC bike could be dope!

Bike of choice is 4-6" rear travel and there are three flat pedal sections, but none are very long (no uphill).

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
ztlh13,

Any feel from the local weather peeps about rain this weekend? Sounding like a 30-40% of rain Saturday night through early Sunday morning - but the weather channel is basically saying only a 20% chance on Saturday...Really will be bummed if we get a deluge on Saturday...Although, it doesn't sound like the DH course turns into a mud trough...

Weather "forecasters" - the bane of my existence...Just assume call the Psychic Hotline :eviltongu

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by profro
How's the DH course in the rain again? Looks like rain. I better bring the Swampthings. :rolleyes: Maybe Hookworms. :p
I raced that course wet and dry and I prefered it WET. It's not a mud bog but it becomes, entertaining. Just remember that logs are slippery when wet.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
There won't be much mud on either course. The 4X is so hard we are kinda hoping it rains.

Went riding the big bike today and the courses are looking better than ever! Everyone is going to have a blast on the 4X.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Terry recap us with some Information. What time is the DH start on Sunday? We are gonna be running on the sport course right? The one with the nice sized rock section at the end?

I will see ya'll there on Sunday on my Planet X hardtail!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Not to speak for Terry, but I believe the DH race registration starts at 9:00 a.m. and the race gets underway at 11:00 a.m.

As for the course, it's my understanding that it will be the 'sport course', or the 'good one' as I've heard it called before...Thanks again Terry for all the good info. and helping put this event together...

I'm starting to get jazzed about this race...In fact, I'm opening a Red Seal Ale as I type in anticipation...:cool:

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
again, please let me know, will I be able to get a receipt for the payment for the race fees?... i NEED that receipt so I can get reimbursment

thanx

-Mike T.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
I can get the guys to write a receipt for you.

There is a new kid from South Africa that was riding yesterday and he was fast! Herndon's back for the race too so should be a sweet show in the Pro race. Chris was looking really fast as well!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Originally posted by ztlh13
I can get the guys to write a receipt for you.

There is a new kid from South Africa that was riding yesterday and he was fast! Herndon's back for the race too so should be a sweet show in the Pro race. Chris was looking really fast as well!

excellent.... thanx:)

-Mike T.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
I know everyone is bombarding with last minute questions but I think this is a good question.

If its like pouring down rain will the race be cancelled? I doubt b/c of the rain but maybe the lightning...?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by GiantAC1dh
I know everyone is bombarding with last minute questions but I think this is a good question.

If its like pouring down rain will the race be cancelled? I doubt b/c of the rain but maybe the lightning...?
No, a race might be delayed by lightning, but we will still race.
We always race, that is what we do.;)
I think the only reason why that race in Georgia got cancelled last year was because it actually rained so much, it washed the entire course away. You can't do anything about that.

I am looking foward to the DH on Sunday, and really regretting to having a slalom rig for Saturday.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
actually I got teh race rug pulled out from under me yesterday. I forgot about a "family" commitment I made for Sunday!

Fellas, I'm making an F*&(%ing schedule from here on out. She'll have to pencil in that "family" crap.:angry:

who needs a ride to Massanutten?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by bizutch
actually I got teh race rug pulled out from under me yesterday. I forgot about a "family" commitment I made for Sunday!

Fellas, I'm making an F*&(%ing schedule from here on out. She'll have to pencil in that "family" crap.:angry:

who needs a ride to Massanutten?
I see you speak the language of spineless pantywaste.
I have heard you speak it before, it sounds kind of French.:p ;) :D

I'll be spending time with my other family this weekend.
My race family.
See ya'll tomorrow.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by Jeremy R
I see you speak the language of spineless pantywaste.
I have heard you speak it before, it sounds kind of French.:p ;) :D

I'll be spending time with my other family this weekend.
My race family.
See ya'll tomorrow.
Dayamn!

Butch, are you going to take that like a Frenchman, lying down?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by bizutch
ahhh...having a kid is fun for the guy the first few times....after that, you feel like a cow pulling up to the milking machine.
Oh no. I just got all sorts of visuals I didn't need to see.
Does that mean YOU are breast feeding?