Quantcast

Eugene Levy...nope Eugene, Oregon

alex

Chimp
May 20, 2004
YO EUGENIANS,

After some research it seems the only trail that I keep hearing and reading about is the MRT, which apparently is a blast to ride, yet its a really long drive from Eugene. I'm wondering about the whole deal. Its Forest Service land I'm told--is the land closer to Eugene also Forest Service land too?

People all around Oregon love to ride so i reckon theres some goodies in between that MRT trail and the town of Eugene, there just has to be....right?

I gotta truck, I ride,Ii ride a lot. So if your from there and want to show me your sick spot, I've got a shuttler and its a dialed operation.

Anybody keen on shedding some light on the MRT and how I can schralp that along with any trails that are a little bit closer to the town of Eugene?

I met a girl who goes to school down there and I'm from Portland so I wanna make the trip more than just some walking and holding hands--i wanna ride some sick trail also.

Thanks,

Alex

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
MRT is rad, but there is plenty of other riding within 45 minutes of you. MRT I would call xc, but very fun. Look up moon point as a start. If you're looking for fast flowy downhill riding, moon point might be more what you're looking for. That is a suuuuuper fun trail and suprisingly not too bad of a ride up. Just make sure to have plenty of time and be prepared.
You might try to find sitting duck for more info.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
No problem, The other option would be to hit Blackrock (falls city) on the way down, or back home. VERY cool trails, if you've never been..
The name of the area that includes moon point is Oakridge. Google searches, or even searches on RM should be able to give more specific info than I can remember. Good luck!

Last edited:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I second the Oakridge suggestion but not necessarily Moon Point, too little of a payoff for a LOOOONG shuttle.

Yes, MRT is more xc but you should still do it. It is awesome but there is a lot of work in it.

Tdubb

Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
We ride Crawfish all time.Great shuttle with lots of flow.Also there Hartisty and Ula half way between Eugene and Oakridge.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
I second the Oakridge suggestion but not necessarily Moon Point, too little of a payoff for a LOOOONG shuttle.
That's funny, I didn't think it was that long of a ride up. Of course, I went into it with the mindset that it would take forever and was stoked when it didn't seem to take that long. Anyway, maybe it would seem like a long shuttle.

Ula was my favorite trail out that way.. Couldn't remember the name of it before :)

alex

Chimp
May 20, 2004
Hartisty and Ula is what im told is the sickness.....thats what im looking for. Can you tell me about it?

Last edited: