Quantcast

Eurobike 2013 Thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Totally agree.
I still think a little supple off the top followed by a nice rising rate as you drop off into bottom out territory is the best. I like DW's concept of "dual progressive" rate but at a far FAR lesser extreme. Supple to enter travel, linearly progressive, rises up to infinity at the last few mm. I think the OG glory comes pretty close.

So much of that is theory and math, and the reality is that a good shock on a well designed bike is all that 99% of riders ever need...but if we're discussing theory and math, that's my ideal!

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
That curve is toward the flatter, gentle side, similar to the Trek Session or Demo.

Wilson somewhere in the middle.

V10 at the extreme of progressiveness.

Several bikes, the new GT and TR450 off the top of my head, have been moving away from drastic progressiveness, moving more to the middle.

It's is my personal opinion that "dual progressive" leverage rates are 100% pure marketing for princess and the pea types.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I did that with a tie down once and the resulting ride, even on a stupid steep, smooth climb was godawful. Made it a bit easier to pedal my DC fork, however.