Quantcast

eurosport 2006 WRC - - - AVI's

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
:drool:

I've got 50clams(€) on Gronholm for the overall at 20:1, if he wins I'm going to Finland!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
you think he is going to the the 2006 champ?

i have alway liked duval but being realistic

its going to be close this year with the lack of factory

support and new diff rules.

i think petter will be the 06 champ

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Gronholm was so fast last year when his car had some gears working in that Peugeot box, and seen as Ford had the most reliable car last year, I just said why not, Gronholm was World Champ twice, 3rd time lucky for me!

As for Duval does he even have a privateer drive this year? He had his moments in the last 2 years, just needs to sort his head out. Barel style!

Solberg is propably the fastest when he is on it and if they sort out that Subaru he will always be a contender, Loeb doesn't even need a mention, hes a proper Frenchie, fast, calculated and consistent.

I am most impressed with Mikko Hirvonen, he was one of the fastest in Sweden on every stage just f#cked up royaly on Day 1.

Thanks for the link.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
rally sweden was a great show.

here are some capures from eurosports coverage.

its so much better than speed.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
So Alex, I sent you 20 bucks last year on Loeb to win the championship, which if I am not mistaken, he did. I dont know if anyone else actually bet but can I at least get my 20 bucks back?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i'm thinking bcd has too many distractions (rally, racing, motorbikes, etc) keeping him from the important task at hand - completing the cogbox bike. i petition someone keep him locked in his shop untill he emerges with a new frame. granted, wrc IS the coolest motorsport on the planet... do you have an update on the new bike?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
xy9ine said:
i'm thinking bcd has too many distractions (rally, racing, motorbikes, etc) keeping him from the important task at hand - completing the cogbox bike. i petition someone keep him locked in his shop untill he emerges with a new frame. granted, wrc IS the coolest motorsport on the planet... do you have an update on the new bike?
well, i have a proto of the cogbox to play with the shifting.
I am still messing with it and am not happy with its performace
yet. Its judt a hand crank model so i don't have one on a bike yet.

There is also some parts i need to find for the bb.
I have been talking to the guys at industrynine.net
for info on there freehub.

thats about as far as its gone.

pick up the next decline. bcd has some stuff in there.

alex

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
thanks for the footage... this program is so well put together!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
day 3 now up

i am having a mexican wrc pot luck party saterday. wish you all could come!!!!!!!!!!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Nice avatar alex, I love those commercials.

Between the IRL crash in practice at the Indy 300 and the WRC co-driver on day one in spain this has not been a good weekend for motorsport.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
TheInedibleHulk said:
Nice avatar alex, I love those commercials.

Between the IRL crash in practice at the Indy 300 and the WRC co-driver on day one in spain this has not been a good weekend for motorsport.
spain is just a very fast and dangerous rally.

loab was pinned to 200k. next to stonewalls and trees.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
definitly dangerous, a JWRC co-driver was killed in the rally, car went off the road, they were trying to fix the car, when another car came off on the same corner and took out the co-driver
damn shame:(

Taken from BBC sport news.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/world_rally/4841358.stm

Co-driver dies in rally accident
German co-driver Jorg Bastuck has died after being struck by another car during the Rally of Catalunya in Spain.

He was hit while changing a wheel after his Citroen C2, driven by compatriot Aaron Burkart, had left the road.

He was flown to hospital by helicopter in a serious condition but later died from his injuries, organisers said.

Bastuck was hit by a Ford Fiesta driven by Britain's Barry Clark and Scott Martin which left the road at the same place during Friday's second stage.

Burkhart and Bastuck, 36, were competing in the Junior World Rally Championship.
edit** sorry just noticed it was mentioned above

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I have not watched WRC in a couple of years, I forgot how great it is.

Some of the new rules are weird, top drivers have locked diffs but other can have an electronically controlled one? Anyone know the reason behind this one?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
xy9ine said:
i'm thinking bcd has too many distractions (rally, racing, motorbikes, etc) keeping him from the important task at hand - completing the cogbox bike. i petition someone keep him locked in his shop untill he emerges with a new bcd
I am with you on this one brother:rofl:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
DHCorky said:
I have not watched WRC in a couple of years, I forgot how great it is.

Some of the new rules are weird, top drivers have locked diffs but other can have an electronically controlled one? Anyone know the reason behind this one?

i like to see all the new colors of the teams.

DUVAL RULES! my favorite driver since Didier Auriol

check his skoda out.

first on his dash!

EDIT: have you noticed how many recaro seats are out there.
if they are not recaro they have side head pads.

i only saw grunholm not using one out of all the top teams.