Quantcast

Ever changing P bike

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Anyone else have the problem that they are never satisfied with what they have on their bike or the setup? I'm getting closer and closer to what I really want, but I think once I get there it'll be time for a new ride :nopity: The last pic is the current. I'm happy with the setup right now, I just want a couple different components.

Cheers

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
oscar? said:
Although im not a fan of your cranks
:) That's one of the changes I want to make, get a Deity set on there. I just didn't know if I wanted to go with White or Black, leaning towards White arms.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Mr Tiles said:
what did you think about that space fork?
If you're refereing to the first pic, that fork is a Manitou Splice, and it's junk. It came with the bike when i picked it up, so I used it for a while. But I seperated the Steer tube from the Crown twice. So I was able to get a replacement fork, a Minute 2, and I put that on my XC bike.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
crap my reading comprehension is about as bad as Leethal's ;) I thought is was one of those new space forks I've been seeing lately...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Mr Tiles said:
crap my reading comprehension is about as bad as Leethal's ;) I thought is was one of those new space forks I've been seeing lately...

I've been hearing a lot about them too. They look really nice, I wonder how they hold up? most RST stuff seems to be crap. I think they have 36mm stanchions don't they?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
to contribute to the thread; I have a hardtime just keeping my bike in proper function. For example, i bought a new fork 2 months ago because my old one was ruined, two weeks later i had to buy a rear wheel. Then this last week i found out the bottom race in my headset was cracked and ordered a new headset. Last night i was putting new rotors and pads in my brakes and low and behold one of the pistons in my rear brake was cracked, mangled, and crooked!?! what the hell. So now on top of all this i'm having to buy new internals for my rear brake. not to mention next week i'm ordering bolts and spindles for a pair of atomlab pedals that are broken. :nopity:

tis the sport i love and its better than spending my cash on booze!

Mr Tiles what is that frame?

it's a simple bicycle co.~ check out my sig

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
I have been looking at the SPACE. Personaly I've had more problems with my Marz then I did when I had a RST. But to my disarray there are not any RST dealers in North America!!!:mumble:

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
You have problems with your Marzocchi? I can't imagine. I've got a used DJ2 that will take anything.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Eatmyfood! said:
You have problems with your Marzocchi? I can't imagine. I've got a used DJ2 that will take anything.
No problems at all, I was a little discourage by the wieght when I was lloking to buy, but I figured the extra weight better make it a tougher fork, and I believe that is true. It's only been on there for 1/2 season, but I've had a couple really hard nasty hits that it's lived thru, I'd reccomend.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
The weight isnt so much a problem but I actualy had to get my fork worked on and that annoying popping when you break in a DJ. I will give that its a tuff as nails fork but I liked my RST alot more was rock solid and never did work on it for the 3 years that I had it. If anyone knows a place in america where you can get a SPACE I would very thankful.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Okay so I'm tossing around the idea of Selling my P.3 frame so I can get a new frame. How much should I offer my frame up for, it's a 2005 long frame. No dents, one cable rub, pretty well clean.

Thanks for the input

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Okay so I'm tossing around the idea of Selling my P.3 frame so I can get a new frame. How much should I offer my frame up for, it's a 2005 long frame. No dents, one cable rub, pretty well clean.

Thanks for the input
Anyone? $250 - 200?