Quantcast

Ever have your foot slip a pedal?

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Ok ok......but have you ever had your foot slip a pedal right before a big a$$ drop??

This is what I look like in mid air after my foot slipped the pedal right before a big drop...... I'm headed to the docs today, I either have bruised or broken ribs, and I cracked my full face helmet. I feel pretty lucky that's all that injured.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ow. That makes me hurt just looking at it.

Sorry you got hurt, but I'm glad to hear it's only a couple dinged up ribs and no broken arms/legs/collar bones!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Brian HCM#1 said:
That sucks!!!! Hope you feel better soon. Who took that pic?

While taking the pic I couldn't really tell that he was going over and then "BAM!!!", and he was tumbling all over the place :eek: (Figures that I would mess up a great shot like that and have it turn out all fuzzy...I suck with the camera!!)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
What the?!

Hey Freak! Let me know how the docs visit goes......

I think you just made a lot of peoples sphincters pucker in their chairs. :eek: I know mine did. :D

VG take it easy on him...."slipped a pedal" :rolleyes:, riiiiiiiiiiiight. :) More like you mouthed off to VG one to many times. lol

I am glad that didn't turn out any worse. Give me a call later.

Rhino

J

JRB

Holy snikeys batman - that looks really bad. I hope you are ok. I also hope you don't still own that pedal or the cleat. Yikes I say.

Velocity Girl said:
While taking the pic I couldn't really tell that he was going over and then "BAM!!!", and he was tumbling all over the place :eek: (Figures that I would mess up a great shot like that and have it turn out all fuzzy...I suck with the camera!!)
The picture's excellent. The fuzz capures the movement towards disaster.

Freak, I hope you're OK!

J

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
good lawd, that looks horrible, and i'm glad that you walked away with "only" broken ribs...

here's my riding buddy's xc flavored attempt at doing the same thing a few years back:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Damn dude. I am glad you walked away from that one. How did you land? I am guessing you tucked & rolled & rolled & rolled....

VG-that is a nice shot. :thumb:

----->TN!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Geez, Jason! You're not supposed to eat sh!t before you leave us (ya bastard :D )!

Get better soon, Dood! Are you going to have a going away party of any sort? How 'bout a get well party? :dancing:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
too bad the tranny wasn't a tad steeper, mighta been able to pull that one off. :monkey:
That sucks though, that would be about the same as having chain suck occur at the worst possible time.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Skookum said:
that would be about the same as having chain suck occur at the worst possible time.

yeah, a couple of good bifs will teach ya the importance of a smooth running drive train QUICK!

----->TN!

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I did something similar when I first got my stinky in 2001. I had a shady front derailleur setup, and if I hit a bump just right, the chain would fall off. So, needless to say, there was this bump right in front of this drop, and I was crankin' towards it, then BOOM, no chain tension, I'm hangin' over the handlebars as I roll off this little 2' drop at a good clip. Land on my head & shoulder... bad news :dead:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
The funny/ironic part that he cropped out of the pic to bring it down to a reasonable size is a big yellow sign on the tree next to the drop reading "Warning - Rock Drop" :p

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Well, at least you still rode on Saturday. 1 run on, 1 run off. Hope you didn't put any scratches on the new Giro helmet. I took off about 2:00, just when it started to rain more. I got my fill of runs in.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
RhinofromWA said:
Silly Whistler.....

Freak no read good. He no know how the sign means. :D

Silly Whislter.....
It was written in Canadian.

But since you are (for all intents and purposes anyway), alright, then you should be happy that you have this great pic and a good story to tell now!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Well, I just got back from the docs, and I have 1 broken rib. But get this!!! I'm sitting in the drive through at McDonalds and some idiot in a mini-van rear-ends me!!! Fock!!! This just isn't my weekend. Luckily, I have my big a$$ trailer hitch still on the truck from hauling the trailer and it took the hit, so no damage to my truck, but it put a nice hole in the front of the mini-van!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Freak said:
Well, I just got back from the docs, and I have 1 broken rib. But get this!!! I'm sitting in the drive through at McDonalds and some idiot in a mini-van rear-ends me!!! Fock!!! This just isn't my weekend. Luckily, I have my big a$$ trailer hitch still on the truck from hauling the trailer and it took the hit, so no damage to my truck, but it put a nice hole in the front of the mini-van!
LMAO

While rear ending you (just keep reading), I think he broke your rib too....:sneaky: AND broke your new TLD helmet me thinks! :think: :D

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Instigator said:
I am glad to hear it was only 1 rib. Run flats from now on.................they are better anyway :D :devil:
NOT!! I've been running clipless for over 9yrs now, and I'm way to comfortable on them to switch to flats now :eviltongu

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Freak said:
You better get out of the PNW before you cause Mt. Rainier to explode too. ;)

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
that sucks,

and yes I have slipped many a pedal, my favorite is when I am doing a no footer and land back on the pedal, only my foot slips off again... Hurts the balls.