Quantcast

Ever have your foot slip a pedal?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wow dude, that is incredible! Nice picture for the scrapbook! Glad to hear you are not too seriously injured, just try not to sneeze or cough for the next 4-6 weeks.

Sucks about the car accident too, but.... perfect time for an insurance scam...... :devil:

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! that sucks!!!!! ive never has my foot slip OUT of my mallets, but i has dabbed in a corner (at beacon) and couldnt get cliped in quick enough. the bike didnt go foreward, it tipped sideways, and i was upright. shot out from under me like a bar of soap. Im definitly with you on clipless tho, I absolutly will not drop if my feet arent anchored to my pedals. unless its unavoidable

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
was that Schleyer or A-Line? It looks like the Schleyer drop but bigger but it also looks like the A-Line drop but more vert.??? If not either where? Damn boy, I'm glad youz otay! That's Hella Gnar-Kill Bra!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
punkassean said:
was that Schleyer or A-Line? It looks like the Schleyer drop but bigger but it also looks like the A-Line drop but more vert.??? If not either where? Damn boy, I'm glad youz otay! That's Hella Gnar-Kill Bra!
It's the Dirt Merchant drop.....you have 2 lines you could take, the original line to the left, or the new line to the right. The right line has 2 drops, one smaller drop then the big one (pictured).

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
sweet! the older drop was kinda small, how is it reigning in your speed for the next turn, it used to be kind hard with all the brake bumps...god damn you are lucky, only one broken rib...

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
whoa Jason. Feel better man. It's always the little mishaps that go or can go so wrong. Cool pic. I'm going back to clipless this week after a year lay off with the knee injury. Hope all goes well.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Acadian said:
or laugh
or sleep on your side
or get hugged
or...
:(
The laughing thing is killing us (or more precisely him!). One of us starts and then it's just a vicous cycle that ends with Jason wincing in pain!!!

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
BMXPrincess06 said:
stringcheese..... looks like that stung, how long do you have to stay off your feet? so far, i have only broken my wrist.....hummm i probably just cursed myself, great..

Yep, stung like crazy. I actually never had to stay off my feet, I drove straight to the doctor's from the skatepark. THough I preferred to not walk much at first, the pulling of the stitches was too painful.