Quantcast

Ever heard of Duncon bikes?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
It used to be called the Cock though so it's still funny.

I don't believe it's A-Pro production as I haven't seen these frames over there before. Not to say it isn't though. I also don't think they are doing that type of volume yet.

-ska todd

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
I didn't know that. That's just straight retarded. Who wants to be riding cock all day? Not me, and not any riders I know. Maybe Lance Bass will buy it.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else think the "tosa inu" looks good on paper (or monitor)? I can't say whether or not it's a well produced item, but it fits the niche into which my next bike purchase will go.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
they are my frame sponsor, and their frames are fun as hell. the akita can take anything you can throw at it. The tosa is pretty fun for all around stuff, then the only other frames i have a ton of time on is the exxxy and the cane, they are both amazing bikes. We are hopefully gonna get MBA magazine to test the tosa inu.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
LOOnatic said:
Yep.
I also think its kinda silly name all your frames after tough dogs.
Amstaff,pitbull,presa canario, etc...........weak :stosh:

Look at me everbody i have a small wang so i gotta ride a frame with a manly name. :mumble:
No need to get bent out of shape over, I don't know if you've seen the Cove bikes (Hooker, Stiffee, Shocker, etc) or like the other guy said, the Intense names (M1, Tazer, Tracer, Uzzi, etc). Or how about "Look at me I'm slow and I have a small wang so I need a Sunday with a World Cup fork to suggest I'm actually fast! And an Evil bash so I'm hardcore."

I think the bikes look cool and their dual suspension ones have really clean lines. If they weren't all the way in Poland I'd look into them.

And nobody has wanted to ask Duncon if they can polish the Large Cock they have on order. That would be such a hard frame to buy if you were a small guy too, all the crap you would get from your friends for having a size Small Cock...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Dirtjumper999 said:
they are my frame sponsor, and their frames are fun as hell. the akita can take anything you can throw at it. The tosa is pretty fun for all around stuff, then the only other frames i have a ton of time on is the exxxy and the cane, they are both amazing bikes. We are hopefully gonna get MBA magazine to test the tosa inu.

You lie.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
frorider said:
beyondbikes.com has these on their site now. 1299 bucks for the dhx air/FS bike. the site lists "168 mm / 8,2" travel, which is unpossible.

anyone ride the bikes? or heard of a friend who has a cousin who won a race on one?

maybe travel is measured on a subjective scale just like their namesakes

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
vitox said:
maybe travel is measured on a subjective scale just like their namesakes
Probably just a miscalculation.

The shock eye2eye is 215mm and the travel is 168mm.
The shock eye2eye is 8.5 inch and the travel is 6,6 inch.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
black noise said:
Or how about "Look at me I'm slow and I have a small wang so I need a Sunday with a World Cup fork to suggest I'm actually fast! And an Evil bash so I'm hardcore."

I think the bikes look cool and their dual suspension ones have really clean lines. If they weren't all the way in Poland I'd look into them.
Duncon are from Poland so I guess its possible there humor is a little different from the norm. However there bike sales will be massively stiffled by there names in europe the USA and any other country that speak english as a first or second language.
Besides the fact that they look like just another lamo alloy frame with no redeaming features, they have come up with a "witty" name for the bikes in an attempt for some exposure. I guess it has worked because this thread would never have made it past 2 replys it was called something like the "evo race" or something.

It must have been a real laugh at the board room/school yard when they came up with those names.
:stosh:

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
Almost exactly the same. I see brake bosses on the akita and possibly a different shock mount on the soul cycles. Looks to be the only differences.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
preppie said:
Probably just a miscalculation.

The shock eye2eye is 215mm and the travel is 168mm.
The shock eye2eye is 8.5 inch and the travel is 6,6 inch.
correct. they have now corrected the website. 6.6 inches travel on the tosa inu. company said that later this year, they'll have a production run with 1.5 head tube.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
fuzzynutz said:
Almost exactly the same. I see brake bosses on the akita and possibly a different shock mount on the soul cycles. Looks to be the only differences.
It also looks similar to the Nicolai UFO, but they probably all have their own ride characteristics. All aluminum XC hardtails look the same but they're subtly different, same with DJ frames.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Dirtjumper999 said:
The akita was made and designed way before they even got started designing the soul cycles design.
so what if it is. the soul cycles has a better setup and swing link to stiffen it up. they win. its that simple
:rolleyes:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Tosa inu..... Toss it in you. Great name for a bike.

The DH bike weighs 6500 g. Thats over 14lbs, wow.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
If you look at the the rear triangle righ tby the shock mount holes, you can see the 2 holes that hold the intralink on our Soul frame. Same removable hanger system too. Definite rip.
You want to send me a frame for spotting it? :biggrin: My Titan's getting pretty tired, I could use something a little different.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
If you look at the the rear triangle righ tby the shock mount holes, you can see the 2 holes that hold the intralink on our Soul frame. Same removable hanger system too. Definite rip.
would that mean that the mfger you contracted is using parts off of your design for these frames, or is it another mfger?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Actually it is not a rip off at all.....Those frames have been out for a while....I cant really discuss why it is not a rip off of chads frame, but chad will be posting something on the website fairly soon about it..But it is definately not a rip off at all. I thought the same thing until I spoke with Chad. Keep checking ridesoul.com for updates. Oh and the final production photos of the matador are sweet, very nice frame.

Adam Buccolo

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
All this will be explained soon on the Soul Cycles website. The geos are VERY different between the final versions. of the Matador vs. the Akita. Matador is for 4X/Dj/Slopestyle, the Duncon is for freeride/all mountain.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Redical there is more to it than that. Being that you ride for Chad also you should know that. I think it is best left up to Chad to put up something on the website explaining things, which he said he will be doing at some point. Not only that but it the first thing it says about the akita on their website is that it is a 4x frame, that can handle almost anything. It is not however designed to be a freeride bike!
Adam Buccolo

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
As far as the Akita handling most anything, I am sure it can. But its #'s sure do not sound like a 4X racer. By the way, they also label it as an Enduro (as in all-mountain). 100-140 recommended fork travel? 70 degree headangle? 17 1/2" chainstays? Have you seen the altitude of that BB on the built bikes? Not 4x numbers at all.