Quantcast

Ever 'shroom while you're DHing?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
1/8oz of psilocybe cubensis makes for a very unusual day of DH shuttles. I had a lot more energy on the last couple runs of the day and was riding fast enough to keep up with the fastest guy in our group even though he was the only straight one among us. The visual effects just didn't hamper my ability to ride, amazingly. Anyhow, I don't think I'd make a habit of it but it was an interesting experiment to conduct just the same. :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
llkoolkeg said:
1/8oz of psilocybe cubensis makes for a very unusual day of DH shuttles. I had a lot more energy on the last couple runs of the day and was riding fast enough to keep up with the fastest guy in our group even though he was the only straight one among us. The visual effects just didn't hamper my ability to ride, amazingly. Anyhow, I don't think I'd make a habit of it but it was an interesting experiment to conduct just the same. :D
Never DH, but Ive done urban on acid and pretty intense trail riding on shrooms, DH sections were cool though, quality flow but sometimes I'd spot strange things out of the corner of my eye, mostly the trees would torn into people. Also I remember the leaves sounding really funky under my tires.

Some of the coolest visuals were when I stopped and rested. Note cliff bars are nasty when tripping, but cliff shots are great :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
HAHA!!!! i have thought of this, but never tried it. I usually dont have any energy while shrooming & feel like i am melting into the couch/floor/ground/whereever i happen to be sitting. but i feel like this is something i must try, but i might get puke on my bike.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Once on a trail ride. Not fun, but I don't really like shrooms in the first place.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I shroomed in a redneck karaoke bar on new years eve once (I was drug there) - it was the wierdest experience of my life - bar none. Never on a bike though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I think I had some ****ake Mushroom Jerky on a ride once. Its good and made in Taiwan like some of the bikes I ride...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
syadasti said:
I think I had some ****ake Mushroom Jerky on a ride once. Its good and made in Taiwan like some of the bikes I ride...

mmmmmm...thath stuff is good.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
llkoolkeg said:
If you're comfortable with the combination and have a reliable dosage, it sounds like good crazy fun. I ceased fungal experimentation long ago, and the results were too erratic to warrant pairing w/any real activity.

But gimme a few beers before a late-night street ride? WOOOHOO!!!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
I found that about 90 minutes after scarfing my ration, my veins were just coursing with energy that lasted about six good hours. The relatively short uphill sections I normally push the big bike up were tackled with seated climbing. I just zoned out and my lungs and veins actually craved the feeling of being pushed real hard. Seated climbing on a Scream/Monster T is normally not a pleasurable experience, but the aerobic asswhoop felt soooo good...it's really hard to describe. It was speedy, but not uncomfortably or anxiously so. The visual stuff was cool and all, but it was the feeling of on-tap power and aerobic inexhaustability that were most profound. I actually enjoyed the climbs more than I did the descents, and that's not normally something you hear from beer-swilling stoners. Either way, I'll be back to my lazy, climb-pushing self this weekend.

D

Dingus McGee

Thinking of doing that makes my teeth feel funny.....know what I mean?

Those days, alas, are long gone.....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ack. That sounds like it's either real fun or real scary.
While my psychedelic days are over, I love a nice fat bowl before during and after riding. :thumb:

J

JRB

llkoolkeg said:
What...has Stosh already finished humping his avatar? Where'd the monkey go?

I would assume it doesn't take long if you don't have balls.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
jmvar said:
hey LL, I am guessing you were at the shed? What trails did you ride?
Correct. We did, in order:

1&2) Catoctin Trail(mostly) from the 2nd Fishing Creek Rd crossing to the bridge by Fishing Creek Reservoir(below where E crosses the stream) We did this one twice in a row.

3) Catoctin Trail(mostly) from Anthrax Pond to Delauter Rd, then down Delauter Rd across the stream and to the truck parked in the lot at the bottom of the original Death Trail(where Fishing Creek Road and Mountaindale Rd intersect).

4) Radio Tower singletrack to Pipe Run, then R on Catoctin Trail to bottom of Hamburg Rd lot.

5) Radio Tower singletrack to Pipe Run, Pipe Run all the way down the jumps to Hamburg Rd, then Hamburd Rd down to bottom Hamburg Rd lot.

At this point, I had to go home so I shuttled my buddies up to the top so they could repeat 5) after I left. They also did the Black Trail at Gambrill Park proper from High Knob to the campground at the bottom of the Mt. Mike C. and I did that same Black Trail run the very next time out and came upon a topless girl sunning her Ts in the big grassy field just below the uppermost campsite by the big boulder drop into the street. I came off the Black Trail, couldn't do the boulder drop because a redneck had piled camping goods on it, and shot down the hill and across the street above the field. If you are going fast, you get HUGE air because the road is level while the grassy field slopes down at an angle. Had she been lying 15 feet to the right of where she was, my rear tire would have landed right between those tig bitties. :devil:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
llkoolkeg said:
and came upon a topless girl sunning her Ts in the big grassy field just below the uppermost campsite by the big boulder drop into the street.
wow sounds like some good shrooms :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Knuckleslammer said:
I like to douse a rag with gas, tie it around my face long ranger style and do DH runs while huffing the fumes. It's the sh*t. I'm especially into huffing acetone too.

Knuck
I fill my camelback bladder with like 150 whip-it hits.