Quantcast

Everything goes with eggs...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So my roommate has this theory, that every kind of food goes with eggs. Usually it's leftovers: a pork chop here, chicken wings another time, steak, even leftover Chinese food has been put to the test and fried up and scrambled into an omelette or two. Always the same result: CRAZY DELICIOUS.

This morning, I decided to put some leftover meatloaf to the test. A robust meatloaf at that: ground beef AND pork, wild rice, yellow and green peppers, tomato sauce, onions. It was tasty as a main dish a couple nights ago, how would it fare with the egg test?

I thought at first I might do it omelette-style, but after remembering that I suck at making omelettes, I decided to just scramble it all together. I was concerned that I might burn the already-cooked meatloaf, but as it turned out the eggs made a great buffer and everything was heated and cooked thouroughly without any damage.

The moment of truth came: the eggs were done and it was ready to go. I served a little up on my plate, tasted... mmmm, not bad. Spooned a little more out, topped it with a smidgeon of salsa... YEAH now we're talkin'! After consuming 4-eggs worth of the Meatloaf Scramble, topped with some medium-hot tomato-y salsa, I can still say...

"Everything goes with eggs!"

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
A whole posting on eggs and omlette's and no mention of bacon? :stosh:

The secret to omlette's is using good cookware, something in the pan to prevent sticking, (butter, pam, oil, etc.), placing a lid over the pan while cooking, and using LOW heat. You need to cook 'em a little slower than other egg products.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
kidwoo said:
Your roomate is wise.

Fried egg on top of pizza. (not runny though)

Works every time.
Oh HELL yeah to eggs on a pizza! We know a guy that owns a local pizza shop, and he's made us full-on breakfast pizzas before, fried eggs, feta cheese, red onions, mmmm MMMM delicious! Also, you can't beat a fried egg topping a hamburger! And then there's the Primanti Bros. sandwich that's also topped with egg...

And just as when one is cooking bacon one does not always include eggs, I think that you don't necessarily HAVE to cook bacon everytime one cooks the egg. Especially when there's leftover Kung Pao Chicken in the fridge!

Now... butterscotch pudding... that might be a tough one...

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
eggs are universal, i do the same thing your room mate does trucker, and everytime its a master piece, if i didn't have to get up so early in the mornins for work i would eat eggs everyday, oh well, they taste just as good on the weekends i suppose

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
by the way eggs taste best in a breakfest burrito with whatever you can find and some fajita seasoning, and salsa or hot sauce, maybe some red or green peppers, and red or green curry (put in pan when melting the butter and stir it around till it is seemingly no longer present, even with out all the rest of my ingredients it gives regular fried eggs an awesome hint of flavor)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I really like Eggs with rice and meat. Egg (boiled) and tuna sandwhiches are the best.

Everything is good with eggs. Mongolian beef w/ eggs would be so good.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree, I have done many a fine dish with leftovers and eggs in some fashion.

Since my wife got the idea to have a few chickens, we get an average of 4 eggs a day, so I have found a lot of uses for them. There are very few things you can't re-heat with a couple eggs and wrap in a tortila for breakfast :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Full Trucker said:
Oh HELL yeah to eggs on a pizza! We know a guy that owns a local pizza shop, and he's made us full-on breakfast pizzas before, fried eggs, feta cheese, red onions, mmmm MMMM delicious! Also, you can't beat a fried egg topping a hamburger! And then there's the Primanti Bros. sandwich that's also topped with egg...

Primantis f'n rocks. The one on the Strip is open 24 hours. The last time I was I was there I had one at 11:30 am and when I went back that night the guy recognized me and gave me the "Supremo" version for free. They took a picture of me eating it.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Eggs in ramen noodles are heavenly. I boil the water, dribble eggs in there, let them cook up and harden, and then cook the noodles. Deeeelicious!:)

I love that. :drool:

J

JRB

I think I'll fry eggs for dinner.

I had some hatch pork enchiladas a while back with fried egg on top and it rocked.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I fully aprove the content of this thread and will add that egg noodles are also excelent. Egg samiches, eggs and spam, heuvos rancheros, chorizo and eggs, fried rice with egg in it, no matter what it is eggs make it better!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So I'm visiting my friend Keith, who lives on an honest-to-goodness real-life ranch in Central Colorado. He also runs RPM Cycling and we're here building a slalom course to compliment the two existing mountain cross tracks already on the property. Anyhow, along with being on a ranch comes ranch bacon, ranch sausage, ranch beef... awwwww yeah!

Today's egg concoction: spicy ranch sausage, eggs, spicy pepperoni, sharp cheddar scrambled. Whole wheat tortillas, smother with home-made country gravy.

DEEEEELICIOUS. :thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Full Trucker said:
So I'm visiting my friend Keith, who lives on an honest-to-goodness real-life ranch in Central Colorado. He also runs RPM Cycling and we're here building a slalom course to compliment the two existing mountain cross tracks already on the property. Anyhow, along with being on a ranch comes ranch bacon, ranch sausage, ranch beef... awwwww yeah!

Today's egg concoction: spicy ranch sausage, eggs, spicy pepperoni, sharp cheddar scrambled. Whole wheat tortillas, smother with home-made country gravy.

DEEEEELICIOUS. :thumb:
OK, I have a new hero now, thank you.