Quantcast

Everything I do

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
hurts, or is really hard. I can't get out of bed, nor can I see my t.v. I could hardly roll over to type this. Any sugestions for injured monkey? I'm tired of just sitting in bed listing to music all day.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
splat said:
sit in bed and heal!!!! it may suck but your body needs time.
I know, but still, it's wicked boring. I bought myself video game, but I can't see the T.V. long enough to play it well. I did get out of bed and made myself a bowl of cerial.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Westy said:
See if someone can get you some books on tape.
My aunt has wanted to buy me one since I got out. I just don't have interest in them. I have listened to a few and really liked them, but I want to be up and around. It's weired that you say that though, everyone in my family is saying that.
If I feel up to it later, I might walk out to my shop and clean up and get ready to build my new bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just be careful moving around. Friend of mine lost his balance, fell over and split his face open while recovering from a concussion.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Westy said:
Just be careful moving around. Friend of mine lost his balance, fell over and split his face open while recovering from a concussion.
Yeah, I'm being really carful. If I plan on walking far, I grab a ski poll and use it as a walking stick. It works well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ThePriceSeliger said:
I have listened to a few and really liked them, but I want to be up and around.
Do you have an MP3 player? Get books on CD and rip them to the MP3 player - instant portable book on tape. That'd let you be up and about or even go for walks (be careful though).

I mean, you could use a discman or walkman too but that's a little bulkier. Not to mention ancient technology ;)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
binary visions said:
I mean, you could use a discman or walkman too but that's a little bulkier. Not to mention ancient technology ;)
How do you live with yourself, you mentioned a discman! Yeah I have an I-Pod in my car, but the problem, I don't know where my car is right now. I do have Tom Clancy - Teeth of the Tiger on tape, but I have read the book and listened to the tape. Deff the best I have heard.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
robdamanii said:
What about your boyfriend?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

And when I saw this thread title, I assumed it was a Mmike style tribute to Bryan Adams.
Boyfriend broke up with me.
Sorry, couldn't resist.:oink:

My girlfriend might come over later today, maybe I can change things up.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
do you need to see the TV to enjoy it? Put on comedy central and listen.

I empathize tho, I'm recovering from surgery, so it can get a little boring being barely able to focus. I had hoped to read 2-3 books over the last two weeks, but it's too difficult in a half-haze. Not even a good half-haze.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I've seen her alot, but I see my Ventana all beautiful and I can't ride it. Sure I can ride my girlfriend like it's my job, but my body won't allow me to throw a leg over my bike.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
ThePriceSeliger said:
Haha I could, my mom does. All her stuff is upstairs.
Knitting is actually pretty fun, and highly productive! I started doing it more as physical therapy for my hand and it really helps with keeping my dexterity good.

And besides, men knitters are becoming quite the rage!

And think of all the points you could score with all the ladies in your life while your laid up if you knitted each of them a lovely scarf!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DRB said:
Move to Nashville and start writing country songs. You have a knack for it.
But.. Last time I tried to leave, you hurt me. Because you loved me, of course, but it still hurt :(