Quantcast

Evil DOC - Reg or Long?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm thinking about picking up a DOC for DJ and urban silliness, maybe the occasional trail ride. I'm about 6', maybe 6' 1" with long arms and normally like my play bikes on the small side. Nobody I know has one so I probably won't get a test ride before I make the leap. Evil says the reg DOC has a 23.15 tt, the long a 24.15, but it's not clear to me where they are measuring (i.e., is it an "effective" tt measured on the imaginary horizontal or what). The long sounds REALLY long for this kind of ride but normally when given a choice I would go large intead of small - thoughts?

Oh and feel free to chime in with your DOC rant or rave or other ideas.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Honestly OG...Im riding a soveirgn in a regular as my xc bike...i really do think they run a bit big. Anyone else care to chime in...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo rides a regular.

i've ridden his large that he is no longer using and it felt really good to me. i'm about 5'11" and usually like bikes a little on the small side as well.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
im 6'2" and have always liked a smaller bike and ride a regular which is great. but my riding style is changing a bit and im starting to be curiouse to see how a long would handle.
Your stem, bars, seat position, crank length, and chainstay setting are all greatly going to affect things too, its a pretty broad question you just have to figure out what works best for you. At least if you go with a regular frame you can adjust the components to feel longer, if you go long there isnt too much u can do to make it feel shorter.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I just recieved my Reg and it's pretty long. If the only difference is TT length (which it is) you should get the reg. You can always put on a longer stem. I'm 5' 9" BTW.

searching7

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
I'm 5'10 and I ride a reg. It's fits great. It is so much fun to ride. All I do is DJ and some urban stuff. No trail, even though it would be fine to do so.

mistaare

Chimp
Dec 22, 2005
wait they run short? or no,,, they run long? im a little confused?

ok, im about 6', maybe 6'1"... 32" inseem. would you go for a long or regular?

used to ride a custom bmx w/ 21.25 tt, have ridden a chameleon (L) for the past 4 years.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I'm 5'9" and I sold my Reg. DOC because it was to short to me. If I had to do it over I would have went long. I think Evil's measurements are kind of weird....D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm 6' and i had a reg. for urban type stuff, it felt great with a 70mm stem. for trail, i used a 100mmx5* stem and it felt good, but a little short in the TT.

since you say maybe the occasional trail ride, i'd go with regular.

Lucky7

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Chicago
I rode Curb Hucker's Long and felt that it was very comfortable and could easily be used for trails. The reg with a 50mm stem just seemed too tight for me. I'm 5'11" and ride a medium SC Chameleon.