Quantcast

EVS brace?

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
I tried on an evs rc evo. It felt very restraining even without a helmet... perhaps it would work well if you had a et-like long neck, but otherwise I would look elsewhere.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I have 2 words ''Leatt Brace'',i heard from guy's that told me the EVS is not the best neck protection on the market and it's just a evolved neck roll.Save your'e money for a Leatt Brace witch won the product of the decade award by MXA Magazine.

Just buy a Leatt Brace and it also looks 10x better than the EVS,you can also pimp the Leatt Brace:D

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Interesting reviews....

Not sure about the others... and especially would like to hear gff opinion seeing as he is a moto guy and would have a good perspective but I have a RC Evo and I love it.

Its light, comfortable, and with a TLD D3 I have no problems moving my head around at all. I don't have any problem with looking ahead on steeps. I am 5' 9", 150 lbs and wear the large. I use the chest harness as well that come with it. It fits snugly, doesn't move around and I feel like it is a really nice brace. I use it in conjunction with a 661 core saver and everything fits together nicely. It was also a ton cheaper than the leatt.

eRod

Chimp
May 16, 2007
i have had the evs evolution since it came out and it works great. it took a few runs to get used to but once i set it up for me i don't even notice it. it doesn't have the sex factor the leatt has but it definitely gets the job done and at much more reasonable price. EVS has been in the game for a long time, so unless you're an orthopedic surgeon i highly doubt anyone here has the authority to say it's crap.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the evs is no way as adjustable as the leatt. it also isnt as compliant with alot of different helmet brand and models. that said, it is still better than nothing but you will be severly dissapointed with the range of motion and the frankenstien feel.

save up and get a gpx club and swap in the DH strap for the back, will work for everything