Quantcast

Explicit bike images: Turner six-pack

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Recently got my new freeride frame built up. A size small, Turner six pack.

Rides as good as it looks: ;)

The fork is a 7" Avalanche DHF Ti FR. It's about 3900g, if anyone wants to know..

The wheels are King iso hubs, with Mavic EX823 rims.
Mounted the standard Minion 2.5 with some Stan's sealant . Appears to work. It will be interesting to see if it will hold air over night!

Brakes: Shimano Saint with 203mm discs and Goodridge hoses.

2x8 speed drivetrain with XT front and Ultegra rear derailleurs. 11-28 XT cassette, 22/32 up front.

Have a x4 Thomson stem on order. (To replace the Raceface stem I borrowed from my HT...)
Hence, the large amount of spacers...

I think you can see the rest of the components in the pictures..

Pretty sweet, huh?! :evil:

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
CBJ said:
Roger why the Avalance up front?
Ehh.. Why not?! :)

I had one of their rear shocks on my old DH frame. Really liked it! The plan was to just sell the frame and keep all my stuff for the six pack. But the buyer wanted to buy my bike complete, so I needed a new fork and components. Things got ridiculous... Avalanche had a sale with the DHF ti's... couldn't resist... Haha! ;)

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Oh.. and by the way. The fork has about the same A-C height as the new 6" Z1 fr forks. (I think the frame was designed around them.)

It's a little heavier, yes. But the performance and stiffness is nice. Very nice! If it's worth the extra couple of hundred buck over a Shiver DC? Not sure. I like it, though!

Just think of the posing-factor! (<- can you write that?!)

Bling-Ca$hing!

;)

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Yeah.....why the Avalanche in front ??? :confused:
because it is the best fork you can buy for money and it will feel awesome when hitting the Swedish rockgardens :thumb:

As for the bike.......

100% BLINGBLING respect :thumb:

I love it :D

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
That bike is beautiful :drool:

How's the King hubs? I'm thinking of putting my kings over from my trials bike onto my new freeride bike (yeti as-x) but not sure whether they'd hold up to hardish riding.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
slang said:
That bike is beautiful :drool:

How's the King hubs? I'm thinking of putting my kings over from my trials bike onto my new freeride bike (yeti as-x) but not sure whether they'd hold up to hardish riding.
Yup the bike is a beauty... nice to see there is something different up front, than a 888 or a Dorado or Sherman something.

But to get back at your qeustion slang, you can trust your Ck hubs for freeriding and downhill to there fullest. I've been riding a Chris King rear for 3 years now. And it has been used for 4x.ds, ua, and freeride and downhill. It does'nt mean a thing for them.

Just service them once a year. A mabey do a adjust on your bearings, but that's really easy with a Chris King hub. That;s why i choosed them. Been riding them for 6 years with only servicing them every year. But that's normal. You won;'t find any better. Besides a Hadley mabey. :rolleyes:

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
The Kings are beautiful! I have not done any abusive riding on them, yet. But I think there are other people running them for DH applications. Should be ok.

Of course they needed some adjusting after a little riding, but that's normal.

My freehub is the standard aluminium, though. Maybe not a good Idea. The four larger sprockets in my cassette is mounted to a carrier, but the smaller ones are not. There has already been some "bite marks" on the body. I'm surprised, since I'm not a big rider. It's probably because I use a 32T max chainring. Lots of torque, I guess.. I may need to get the body upgraded to the "heavy duty" model. Or find a cassette where all sprockets are mounted to a carrier. Do they exist?!

Since you where using yours for Trials, you already have the stronger body...

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Well with a King alu body you should only use a Sprocket who is mounted a Spiderm, like the Xt;s or Xtr or the race cassetes like Duraace and Ultegra like i am using on my alu body. That will save you from the problem that will get to much of those " bitemarks ". Howell there a few on mine to. But that;s no problem.

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Good question!

I don't know the complete weight. Don't have a good scale... Will try to find something tomorrow. I want to know too!

YETI187

Chimp
Nov 28, 2003
i'm a MAsshole!!!
frame looks great. are those polished seatstays in the back? kinda like that to black linkage to white front tirangle.
that fork looks huge compared to the frame, or maybe it's just all the spacers on top. doesn't look choppered out though.
good looking ride :thumb:

i think i nitpick others bike i'm envious... but sick bike. looks like a great combo of parts.

t66

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
sweet ride, but that fork is better suited for my RFX :rolleyes: . Maybe if you decide to sell.... :sneaky: ???

Yea, I got pretty shook up when I saw the fork on sale. Still can't muster the funds. But the majority of my rides are aggressive trail. But man that'd sure go well with my DHS shock.

Congrats...enjoy :cool: !

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
I had my DHF-Ti7 on my RFX back in 2003 for a DH trip while I was between DH frames. Worked great but it was definitely a DH/FR setup and not so hot for trail rides, especially ones that require major climbing. The avy on the rear of my RFX can't be beat although I'm interested to hear how those new Fox shocks hold up. :)

Attachments

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
t66 said:
sweet ride, but that fork is better suited for my RFX
Naw, next year they are renaming the 6-pack and calling it the RFX again, so it's a-ok.

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Sweet bike DH Dad! I remember seeing that picture here, some time ago. Maybe that's where I got the idea?!

So far the DHX feels like it has a bit more damping through out the range, slightly "dead" feeling. As opposed to the DHS shock I had on my Balfa, it felt more "springy" on slower hits, yet super solid on harder hits...

At the moment I run about 80% on both bottom-out/air volume and air pressure. No or maybe one click on the pro-pedal knob.

Jm_, LOL! Maybe I should upgrade to RFX stickers!

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Yesterday, on a Swedish DH track, I was so lucky to see and try this bike....and let it be not secret...I was stunned
. First of all, this bike is hands down the most beautiful bike I have ever see. The very simple white frame with silver, CK hubs, Thompson SP, XTs matching colors. Then, Roger (the owner of the bike) added a piggy back version of the Avy DHS shock with TI spring on the back matching the Avy DHF 7 in the front. The color combinations of white, grey and sliver looked awesome ! Well, - normally, I consider myself hard to impress when it comes to DH and FR bikes. I have (as most of you I guess) seen most stuff in existence and I have goteen use to it, so most bike do not really make any impression on me. But this Turner Six-Pack...WOW....when taking it for a spin everything seemed to match. The bike was light and nimble with the awesome feeling og Avy components front and rear. As I am riding the MTN-8 fork I was blown away by the lightness and super feeling of the DHF 7 fork. The rear of this bike was awesome too...actually, I think it felt better than the BMW RLs I have tried....and that says a lot IMO. The bike was equipped with Saint brakes by which I was very impressed...the first brake I have tried by which I would actually go down a slpoe with only one finger on the lever (can not say that about my Hayes). All in all, - I got the feeling that compared to the awesome performance of this bike I'd better leave my Karpiel at the nearest dumpster. I like my big and heavy bike :thumb: but the feeling of this super bling-bling Turner was somehow way beyound. May a combination of all the super quality products on the bike, - maybe the frame..or the suspension....I do not know....but as a combination this is the nicest build I have ever tried. And, let me add, - as a fanatic supporter of big and heavy stuff this was a blow to the head
This bike represents the words of Bling-Bling in my mind. :thumb: to Roger for a super build..... and to the bike....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I got to rip it up on a friends brand new Turenr 6pack this weekend!!! Holy crap did I have a BLAST!!! Tell me if this looks like I'm having fun....

I apologize to the Southeast guys cause I know you've seen these already...but this is relevant. If anybody saw me riding this thing this weekend at the race...you know how much fun i was having!!!

Now my only confusion is that I can't decide whether I should buy it or a 5 spot as my next trail bike....as seen it weighed in at 32lbs per the owner. Tubeless, SRAM x.9, Fox 36, Thomson bits, Rhyno Lite's, Race Face XType cranks and rings.

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Hehe! :) Thanks Lars! (Seismic) :D

It was good to see, and ride with you this week end!

I realized that you liked the bike, but I didn't know you where that passionate about it! LOL! Next time you can take it for a couple of rides, on the different tracks we have here, if you wanna...

It's a sweet bike, for sure! My dream ride come true. (May sound a little corny, but it's true!)

Just the right mix of Light DH/Freeride, and trail-bike for the stuff that I ride. Of course, the components are not too shabby.. :)

Here are a couple of recent pics of the bike in DH & Trail setups:

At the local lift assisted DH/freeride area...

...and my local singletrack, with the Z1 off my hardtail.

Miss Piggy! :heart:

Hope to see you soon, Seismic! Too bad your not going to Åre. You would really appreciate your longtravel rig there!

Roger.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
bizutch said:
Now my only confusion is that I can't decide whether I should buy it or a 5 spot as my next trail bike....as seen it weighed in at 32lbs per the owner.
Ohh damn! That is feathery light considering the stuff you could do on it :sneaky:

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
By the way, here's a pic from the weekend.
The plan was to take a few runs with the camera. But I got so tired, we only managed a half run at the end of the day... :)

Anyway, the pack on a rock:

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
RogerH said:
Hehe! :) Thanks Lars! (Seismic) :D

It was good to see, and ride with you this week end!

I realized that you liked the bike, but I didn't know you where that passionate about it! LOL! Next time you can take it for a couple of rides, on the different tracks we have here, if you wanna...

It's a sweet bike, for sure! My dream ride come true. (May sound a little corny, but it's true!)

Just the right mix of Light DH/Freeride, and trail-bike for the stuff that I ride. Of course, the components are not too shabby.. :)

Here are a couple of recent pics of the bike in DH & Trail setups:

At the local lift assisted DH/freeride area...

...and my local singletrack, with the Z1 off my hardtail.

Miss Piggy! :heart:

Hope to see you soon, Seismic! Too bad your not going to Åre. You would really appreciate your longtravel rig there!

Roger.

Hey Roger

Yeah...you blew me away with your blingbling bike :drool: I have to admit that the whole combination of frame, Avy suspension, CK and Thompson was just too much for me to ignore :eek: I love that bike :thumb:

...and yes, - I would very much like to try it next time on Vanga....I might come over next Sunday :D

...Yes Aare would be crazy nice, - but you know....Master Thesis :( :( sucks, - but sh#t happens I guess...

anyway...to see your bike made my day :thumb: :heart: :thumb:

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
seismic said:
Hey Roger
...and yes, - I would very much like to try it next time on Vanga....I might come over next Sunday :D
Cool!

I'd love to try the Karp. as well! It's probably a little too big for me, but whattthehell! :)

See you later! :thumb: