Quantcast

EXT shocks

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Seems PUSH has copied EXT's homework. Hydraulic bottom out and spherical bearings in the eyelets.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Push says "no market for DH shocks anymore" which while a much smaller market than trail bikes just isn't true.

grumblegrumblegrumble
Other than maybe size, what's the difference between a "DH" shock and anything else? I mean they should all function well when going down hill....its the shocks job!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Other than maybe size, what's the difference between a "DH" shock and anything else? I mean they should all function well when going down hill....its the shocks job!
The shock is so much of an afterthought these days it's not even funny. When you look at the absolute crap being speced on these trail and enduro bikes, it just makes me sad. There is little market for it because most people just throw away (sell) the bike after a season or two and it's all clapped out, never really caring to have top performing suspension. I can definitely see Push's point. It's not so much that there's no market, as it is that no one really gives a fuck anymore about decent suspension.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The shock is so much of an afterthought these days it's not even funny. When you look at the absolute crap being speced on these trail and enduro bikes, it just makes me sad. There is little market for it because most people just throw away (sell) the bike after a season or two and it's all clapped out, never really caring to have top performing suspension. I can definitely see Push's point. It's not so much that there's no market, as it is that no one really gives a fuck anymore about decent suspension.

Nothing brings a year to my eye like all of those one year old $7k Enduro bikes sitting out on the curb waiting for the garbage man to pick them up.:(

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Not too much chatter on here about these guys that I've found. Expensive sure, but so are Push and Ohlins. Now with a US presence I expect to see more of these around sooner or later. Any 1st hand experience with their shocks?
Y U not looking at Mr.P? (MRP)

FWIW, I still love a Fox X2. So many adjustments, you could literally tune a turd into a diamond.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
The MRP Raze is an Elka Stage 5 with black ano bits instead of red. Licensed the design from Elka.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
@Nick - Do you know Nick? Instagram handle : nick_rides_two_wheels

I know him. He just posted that he loves his new Estoria. Albeit for an enduro bike. (Scott Ransom). He's not slow, I'd trust his opinion.

I think he also posts as Streetdoctor on empty beer.

That's all I know about Ext at the moment, unfortunately...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Nick - Do you know Nick? Instagram handle : nick_rides_two_wheels

I know him. He just posted that he loves his new Estoria. Albeit for an enduro bike. (Scott Ransom). He's not slow, I'd trust his opinion.
I don't as I practice social media distancing, but thanks. Il shuttle as much as I can and try to dial in this dhx2 before doing anything dumb.

Well...

You know what I mean.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
EXT is being distrutibed by The Suspension Syndicate here in Utah. They are a good group of guys. I only meet them at the Local Races. But they have a fast group of racers on them. I hear they are super supportive in the mid stroke and feel bottomless. They custom tune each shock for the bike and rider.