Quantcast

Extra Manish Molly

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Okie Dokie, Here's my brakeless Molly and a big thanks to the guys at Union Street. I barely slapped her together late last night so I have had but a couple mins of ride time. The tt and cs length I'll have to get used to. I'm moving from a 19.75tt and 10.25cs lengths so it's a big move for me.

Frame: Molly brakeless
Stem: Solid
Bars: Solid
Grips: S&M
Headset: FSA Pig unsealed (changing to Solid soon)
Forks: Identiti Jump
Rims: Sun BFR
Front Hub: Ody Hazard
Rear Hub: Ody Hazard 11t
Cranks: Profile 180mm
Sprocket: Solid 24t
Chain: KMC Halflink
Pedals: Animal Hammies
Tires: Special Ed Rhythm front, Sport Compount rear
Seat: WTP
Clamp: S&M

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Real nice build - I like the rigid fork and those bars look pretty close to the ones Solid did for me - mine are a bit more narrow!

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
DAMN!! Didn't think we would see this built for a few weeks...

Send me some of those photos full size to my G mail... I am way behind on updating our website and the more material the better.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Thanks a lot guys! The rise on the bars are 3" and they're 28" wide. I rode on her a bit last night and I'm liking how wide they are. I'm still needing to get comfortable with bigger wheels but she rides great. I keep going back and forth on the idea of a sus fork, but really diggin the rigid.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
She's a gorgious.

I just threw some 28" wide bars on my XC SS the other day. I love the leverage, just not sure how I would like them jumping.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Thats no man Austin, thats my mother for god sake!

Manish for sure.

Ive got a grey one in my work stand right now. Should have fork, wheels and HS in by tomorrow. Maybe cranks if profile comes with the spanish bearings which they are out of.....:plthumbsdown:

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I'd love to see what that grey Molly's gonna look like. All the rigs you built so far have been top notch.

I haven't taken her jumping yet but boosted a couple bowls yesterday and the wide bars kept her nice and stable. Plus pulling up was a breeze.

I'd have to say the bars are my fav part of the bike, I like the raw and how it stands out from the rest of the bike. It's hard to see thru the pics but the color is textured bbq flat black. It looks pimp in person!

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
looks so clean...i love it. is this the only brakeless molly out? i would stick with the rigid unless you plan on doing some brakeless trail riding.:clapping:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I love it. Wide bars rule.

Did you type your other CS length right? I could see 10 on a 12" wheeled flatland bike, but wtf?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Sickness with the trickness... very dialed ServeEm. That is one of my fav. rigs.

flat black stealth mode hot rod is where it's at no doubt.

I've actually got something a bit similar in the works. ;)

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I love it. Wide bars rule.

Did you type your other CS length right? I could see 10 on a 12" wheeled flatland bike, but wtf?
Didn't even catch that! Yea I meant to type, 13.25" It's pretty damn close to a flat land bike, warpig. My daughter has a Sabbath which is an even 19tt. Looped out on my back trying to manual on her bike.

Yea I"m loving the wide bars, I was rocking 3's up the bank no prob. Always had trouble with em on my 20 which has 25.5" wide bars.

I believe there's 3 total brakeless Molly's from what Lee said. I'm gonna take her to the trails rigid, just not gonna go balls out and try crazy stuff. I found a couple small dubs tucked by my place and she felt great jumping.

Thanks again for the compliments, she was 3 months in the making and worth every day of it. I was going in so many directions with the color schemes, glad I ended where I did.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i want to try out a molly so bad. maybe i'll have to fly up there and ride at ray's.

what is the difference in feel between a molly with rigid fork versus a regular bmx cruiser? i have an S&M Widowmaker 24"bmx from 1994 and a DK General Lee 24. you've definitely got some front end differences, with a 71.25 head angle on the molly (with suspension compressing to 74). lower bars 3" (instead of 5"-6" bmx cruiser bars), taller forks... etc.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
CMC,

The pronounced difference will be in rear end length, Molly is siginifigantly shorter than a "cruiser". Furthermore, the headangle will be steeper as compared to most cruiser frames , when using a rigid fork.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
It's unofficial but I checked the weight at my buddy's place which has an accurate scale. 29lbs. I'm gonna swing by the lbs today to confirm. Till then here's a couple action pics from the bike park in Folsom.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
that bike is the total package - enuff said!

speaking of wide bars, I rode my mtb last night and I was totally sketched out (slammed into a tree, all over the trail, etc.). I figure the width of those bars are prolly 25.5-26 which originally, I thought was pretty wide. My 20's bars are stock 27.5" (shadows). riding the 20 has totally screwed me up. I MUST have wider bars on my mtb.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
yes you must go wide. I honestly don't know if I could ride 27.5 on my 20. I should be getting my 4 bar from Solid tomorrow and hope it's atleast 25.5 like my turnbars. My boy is building his Molly right now and I think he's trimming his to bout 26.5

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
It's unofficial but I checked the weight at my buddy's place which has an accurate scale. 29lbs. I'm gonna swing by the lbs today to confirm. Till then here's a couple action pics from the bike park in Folsom.

]
totally belive it! my full rigid is 25 lbs. who NEEDS sus front fork!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
totally belive it! my full rigid is 25 lbs. who NEEDS sus front fork!
25, man. Did you go with any super light components or anything serious? Reason I ask is as I update my sled I might consider shedding weight only cuz I'll be adding pegs so that's another couple pounds. With pegs I'd like to keep her at 30 or less.