Quantcast

F U American Racing

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
So this is totally not bike related but I'm pissed.

So I've got a cracked weld sidewinder wheel on my truck. Weld racing got taken over/bought by American Racing some time after I bought my wheels. Now American racing is telling me there's nothing they can do for me. They give me all sorts of reasons such as, the wheel is out of production, we're not responsible since it was before we owned weld racing, sorry dude too bad, etc. They won't offer me anything, it's not like I've asked for a new set of wheels, but maybe they could look around their dealer network for a sidewinder that might be out there? Or maybe offer me cost or close to cost on a set of wheels since that's pretty much my option right now if I want a set of four matched wheels.

Nope, after numerous conversations with people at American racing all I got in response was "sorry" "sorry there's nothing I can do". Same answer no matter what I said to the guy. Then he hung up on me, I called back and called back and called back, he kept hanging up. finally He picked up again and we had a conversation for a few more minutes. Keep in mind I never got beligerant, I spoke to him as a becoming more and more annoyed customer, never once did I yell or even swear at him over the phone. Guess what, he hung up again. Now that's customer service people!

Don't you think maybe, just maybe they'd want to keep me on their product, telling people how much I like they're wheels? Guess word of mouth isn't very important to them anymore so here I am telling you how they feel about my and your opinions on their product. They don't give a F$CK. Apparently they must be selling enough wheels that one angry customer doesn't matter to them.

Finally a couple hours go by and Perry from american racing calls me back. He's a different guy than I talked to previously. He managed to find a number for me to call at they're warehouse or sales office or somewhere. who knows cause guess what, I called them all day long today and the phone just rang, no answering machine, no person, nothing.

Way to go American racing, I'll buy a set of wheels from you....

I wouldn't be so mad but they didn't even so much as lift a finger to try and help me out. Never have I experienced customer service this terrible.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
It can be a difficult situation depending on how the previous business was taken over and what legal conditions were involved...sucks all around for both parties involved but I doubt starting a a thread on a MTB board will do much...D

Don't listen to them. Lots of MTB'ers love to lift and alter trucks, jeeps Etc. I'll take it into consideration when I make my next purchase of after-market products for my vehicles. You don't treat customers like that. Kick ass. post it everywhere.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
And here I thought this was going to be a thread about mving to Europe to race bikes.

Last edited:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
....Finally a couple hours go by and Perry from american racing calls me back. He's a different guy than I talked to previously. He managed to find a number for me to call at they're warehouse or sales office or somewhere. who knows cause guess what, I called them all day long today and the phone just rang, no answering machine, no person, nothing...
Looks like they did to you what I do to telemarketers who ask for the owner.

Send the wheel out to get repaired.

I use these guys www.wheelsamerica.com

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
getting the wheel repaired isn't really an option because discount tires won't work on it once it's repaired. Apparently a lot of places won't even repair a wheel when it's going on a diesel truck.

Sorry, no americans racing in europe here. Gotta change the channel for that one.