Quantcast

F1

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If I put my back seat down I can put my bike in my Honda. That and it is very very fast! No room for a bike in one of those......

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I wonder if a diesel will ever make an apperance ala Audi 24 hr cars.
god i hope not. there have been other teams that have adopted diesel in the LMP classes, but i think diesels should be left there.

the cars would gain weight, size (including overal engine displacement,) and would make F1 not as fun.
it says alot about engineering when they can make a 2.4L V8 screaming to 18k+ rpm's and make well over 700hp.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
god i hope not. there have been other teams that have adopted diesel in the LMP classes, but i think diesels should be left there.

the cars would gain weight, size (including overal engine displacement,) and would make F1 not as fun.
it says alot about engineering when they can make a 2.4L V8 screaming to 18k+ rpm's and make well over 700hp.
It will probably happen eventually. 24hr went that way, less fuel consumption means less time in the pit. When they can make a light enough, powerful enough engine you'll probably start seeing them show up.

BTW I saw the new Ferrari the other day... SchawIIIng.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It will probably happen eventually. 24hr went that way, less fuel consumption means less time in the pit. When they can make a light enough, powerful enough engine you'll probably start seeing them show up.

BTW I saw the new Ferrari the other day... SchawIIIng.
well with no fuel stops this year, they are shooting for 3.5 seconds or less in the pits according to a few teams.

whered you see the new F10???

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
a bunch of us are making plans to make the trek to Montreal in June for the race....why do tix need to be so damn expensive?? doesnt Bernie make enough money??:think:

BillT

Monkey
You won't see a diesel engine in F1 unless they decide to change the rules. I hate the v-8's and wish they never moved from the wailing banshee scream of the 3L v-10's...those engines could be rev'ed well over 20k rpms due to better inherent balance (the early iteration 2.4L v-8's shook themselves apart).

I'm really looking to the season and already have my dvr set. I won't M. Schumacher to do well, but I have a feeling that this year will be a battle between Hamilton, Alonso, and Vettel.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
i suppose it's all relative but it's difficult to say that any F1 doesn't scream!

If you want a real screamer though you need a V12 (for a detuned example listen to a clip of a Ferrari 333SP).

Diesels would be plain wrong, you'd have near silent F1 cars for a start :think:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I won't M. Schumacher to do well, but I have a feeling that this year will be a battle between Hamilton, Alonso, and Vettel.
dont forget about Button too. it should be interesting to see if there are any team orders b/w Schumi and Vettel

Diesels would be plain wrong, you'd have near silent F1 cars for a start :think:
the diesels used by Audi and Peugeot are actually pretty damn loud, but sound nothing like a F1 V8 or V10

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
dont forget about Button too. it should be interesting to see if there are any team orders b/w Schumi and Vettel

the diesels used by Audi and Peugeot are actually pretty damn loud, but sound nothing like a F1 V8 or V10
Doubtful considering they're in different teams.

Although I haven't been back to LeMans to see them in action, surely they aren't as loud as any of the petrol cars?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Doubtful considering they're in different teams.

Although I haven't been back to LeMans to see them in action, surely they aren't as loud as any of the petrol cars?
sorry, i meant Heidfeld. i always seem to get them confused.
they arent as loud, but still extremely loud

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The only chance he has is if Hamilton can't manage tire wear on a heavy car, but I think he's a good enough driver to adapt.
it will take some time for Button to adapt to yet another new car, but i think he will do better than pretty boy Hamilton.