Quantcast

Facebook Dilemma

How Do I Handle My Facebook Dilemma?

• Initiate a friend request, totally surprising him

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Wait till he sends me a friend request

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Ignore the fact that he's on Facebook and hope that he never sends me a friend request

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Delete account and open a myspace one

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
So occassionally i'll check out the list of suggested friends facebook gives you based on your profile and who you've already "befriended".

so i'm checking out the latest suggestions and who do i find? My DAD!!! :rofl: It seems that my chatting with him a couple of months ago about Facebook and how it put me in touch with people from my childhood, encouraged him to open an account.

So...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
people under 40 should stay on myspace.
No way, I'm the target market for Facebook (or at least I was). It was originally developed for college students, and you had to have a valid university e-mail address to open an account. Facebook went live during my sophomore year of college, and it was pretty rad. I was bummed when they opened it up to the general public; I liked the exclusivity.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
No way, I'm the target market for Facebook (or at least I was). It was originally developed for college students, and you had to have a valid university e-mail address to open an account. Facebook went live during my sophomore year of college, and it was pretty rad. I was bummed when they opened it up to the general public; I liked the exclusivity.

seems to me us OLD FOLKS have far more to value in Facebook with it's ability to connect us to our past, than college students that are just building social networks. :)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Put the fairy wand down and calm yourself, princess. I only did that so I could really accent the ass for you. :p Sheesh.
Oh good, someone who is willing to help out sewing the sequins on my custom RM man thong.

i love ass.

oh wait wrong forum. :rofl:
No wonder you're frustrated, you're working with the wrong side.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
for a non TV watching, back woods hermit like myself I find facebook a means of catching up on the things my peers consider valuable.

I kind of dig the whole past and present thing but I like the abilty to drop one liners and howdie do's without having to write a formal email or getting stuck on the phone.

and the sarcasm with comments is pure gold.

my folks were on it for a few weeks before they bailed and thought the world was going to end when they opened some spam and got pop ups.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
for a non TV watching, back woods hermit like myself I find facebook a means of catching up on the things my peers consider valuable.

I kind of dig the whole past and present thing but I like the abilty to drop one liners and howdie do's without having to write a formal email or getting stuck on the phone.

and the sarcasm with comments is pure gold.

my folks were on it for a few weeks before they bailed and thought the world was going to end when they opened some spam and got pop ups.
i'm just afraid my parents (cause you KNOW whatever my dad reads my mom will find out) will not appreciate my style of uh...banter. :p

gonefirefightin

free wieners
i'm just afraid my parents (cause you KNOW whatever my dad reads my mom will find out) will not appreciate my style of uh...banter. :p
my dad is a pastor and several of my "friends" are part of the church family as well.

I have to think about what I post every now and then knowing that many eyes will read it.

but there is always the method of sending a message that the world cannot see.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
He's probably on geriatricmonkey.com right now asking, "Holy crap, my daughter's on Facebook? What do I do if she friends me? I REALLY don't want to read about it every time she gets laid, fails to, or runs out of vibrator batteries..."

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I still refuse to join Facebook, there were too many fat chicks at my school and I'm scared thy will try to befriend me.