Quantcast

Failing Memory

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Indeed. I get bored after about two minutes. I think I'd rather just suck as a rider than to try to improve via a trainer.

Spinning classes aren't bad though.

LowCel

Chimp
Oct 24, 2005
Charleston, WV
Trainers definately suck, I had to spend an hour on one last night doing 10 seconds fast cadence, 10 seconds faster cadence, 10 seconds fastest cadence (repeat three times), recover 60 seconds. Then 30 seconds left leg dominant, 30 seconds right leg dominant (repeat 3 times). Then repeat the whole exercise five times. It sucked.

Night before that I had to do isolated leg training for 30 minutes. Had to do a total of seven minutes with each leg solo, did 30 seconds at a time.

Tonight I just have to do 30 minutes on the rollers while staying in heart rate zone 1.

How exciting. :rolleyes:

LowCel

Chimp
Oct 24, 2005
Charleston, WV
Wumpus said:
Y'all ever here of those fancy bike lights that allow you to ride after dark.
Yeah, sure have. It's hard to do specific training out on the road or trails though. Unfortunately I have to put a lot of time in on the trainer this year to get ready for next season. Have to do what the coach tells me to do.

I'll do my share of night riding as well though.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I never got the trainer thing. I guess they are good to have around for rainy days, but if its not raining, dress appropriatly, and go outside and ride! Thats my philosophy at least.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
since it is now trainer season, I like to set mine up in front of the TV tuned into NESN. Ride for a period of a Bruins game 3xs a week does wonders

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
Thanks for the invite, but no can do. My XC bike is currently a little over 100 miles west of here, as is my headlamp. There's also a part of me that really dislikes driving somewhere, especially in rush hour(an oxymoron) traffic, to ride my bike. The promise of feral cows is tempting, though.

The Cheese