Quantcast

Fall Clemson race?

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I ran into one of the guys two weekends ago and a couple of other guys working on the dual slalom course in prep for the collegiate race this weekend as crd15 mentioned. They told me that the best place to look for updates is facebook, I looked and didn't see anything. The only thing they told me about was this weekend and didn't make any mention of the DH race.

I won't be there this weekend, have to go out of town. But I plan on going the following weekend after. They tore down the "old" wall ride (it was gone when I was there two Sundays ago) as somebody broke their leg (what I was told) and they finished the "new" wall yesterday (again what I was told). Supposed to be North Shore style.

Sorry I don't have any more info. I would assume that if anyone goes this weekend from the forum, they should be able to find out. If not, if I see anyone the following week, I will ask around.

kiponga

Chimp
Oct 17, 2009
so I also heard of this new wallride. I was wondering if someone could post a picture just for my curiosity's sake.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I haven't heard anything and there is nothing on Facebook.

I rode the new wall ride yesterday (after getting used to the new bike on it's first time out). Awesome!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
is it shuttleable on the weekends? i remember we used to come in the back way for shuttling but it's never done during races...

i'd like to come down and ride but need to know if i should bring an extra driver to shuttle (i don't think noah can work a stick shift yet ;) )

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
The short answer is yes, but it's not worth the trouble. It's not that long nor steep, much easier to hike a bike (that is a relative/personal decision based on your fit level). We've been riding down to the wall ride then just hiking back up to a flat spot, every now and then riding to the bottom.

Although, I have never been there, it's not like Windrock (conclusion based on what I have read and watched online)

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Oh and if you go, let me know. I'd met you up there, so as long as I don't have trip planned to Asheville. We typically meet some of the college folk there when we go (us old guys with the college youngings.. just means I get up slower than they do if I bonk something).