Quantcast

Fall is almost here!

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Fall is by far, my favorite time of year to ride. Let’s see some pics of 29er rides from Fall's of years past!

Last edited:

Uphiller

Chimp
Jul 24, 2002
Why is fall your favorite time to ride .... and why is this in the 29'er section? Do you only bring out the 29'er in the fall? (For that bigger contact patch on wet, leaf-strewn, slippery-rooted trails?)

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Why is fall your favorite time to ride .... and why is this in the 29'er section? Do you only bring out the 29'er in the fall? (For that bigger contact patch on wet, leaf-strewn, slippery-rooted trails?)
Because it's not too hot/humid and it's nice out.

In the 29er section because I don't post anywhere else here.

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
So, even though the calendar says we have almost another month of Fall, I disagree...just did a nice hour and a half loop from the house out towards Scituate and the dams. All of the smaller crossings etc were frozen. 23° when I got back to the house.

ssinga

Chimp
Jan 23, 2006
Huntsville, AL
we did a little 14.5 mile ride this afternoon in all the downed leaves here in Alabama. It really make the ride tough because they hide all the rocks. In the pics these trails look smooth - they are not! We also say 2 Turkeys take flight after we spooked them. mmmmmmmmm-Turkey:drool:

My riding partners for the day

trying to pick a line through the leaves

My wheels for todays ride

Me

Last edited: