Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
T, can we maybe pull some people from the Capital MTB board? I can post something about the trip later. We could also throw another post on the Elevate Cycles board to see if there is any more interest.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
T, can we maybe pull some people from the Capital MTB board? I can post something about the trip later. We could also throw another post on the Elevate Cycles board to see if there is any more interest.
I am waiting to hear back from the capital mtb folks that were interested. They were supposed to let me know today so hopefully they will.

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I will post something later on the Capital MTB and Elevate boards as a reminder.

Davis and I are still in and planning to stay Friday night and Saturday night and leave Sunday afternoon. Is anyone planning on staying Sunday night too.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I will post something later on the Capital MTB and Elevate boards as a reminder.

Davis and I are still in and planning to stay Friday night and Saturday night and leave Sunday afternoon. Is anyone planning on staying Sunday night too.
We don't have the lodge for Sunday night.

FYI -- I have already posted reminders on the boards too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We're going to get there noonish Friday. Gotta get that $85/person worth! :banana:

BTW, the brewery takes reservations for parties of six more more. :think: Mmmmm.......pizza Saturday...

Bring your lights. :)

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
looking to carpool from saratoga... can take 3 or ride with others... friday leave is good

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Early weekend weather forecast:

Sunny all three days, low 70's, peak foliage.

:banana:
:monkeydance: YEAH!!!! I am working on the menu right now. Any suggestions?

Thus far I have brainstormed: homemade mac-n-cheese, tortelloni in a creamy tomato sauce (either would be served with good bread & a salad) or perhaps beef stew with bread or a pasta w/zucchini, tomatos and sausage in a white wine, garlic sauce :think: What to make, what to make...

:monkeydance: YEAH!!!! I am working on the menu right now. Any suggestions?

Thus far I have brainstormed: homemade mac-n-cheese, tortelloni in a creamy tomato sauce (either would be served with good bread & a salad) or perhaps beef stew with bread or a pasta w/zucchini, tomatos and sausage in a white wine, garlic sauce :think: What to make, what to make...
mac n cheese.

or that pasta/zucchini/white wine thing. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 74.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73.

This will be the first time in the last four KT trips for me that it doesn't rain.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
I know some people from another group looking for lodging, this could help. Email me treesaw

Isa, Jerome and me will probably be riding there on the sunday during the day only.

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
Where exactly is the lodge? I haven't been there before.

As far as food goes, I am allergic to eggplant and raw pineapple, I think everything else is fair game.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
^^meh, a good climb will have you shooting productive snot rockets in no time. as far as location goes, i'm also in the dark. i can get kinda close with map quest, but really don't have any idea where the campsite/cabins are. food? i'll eat cardboard with some salt after a good ride, so whatever gets cooked!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Monkeyfest

I91 to Exit #23. Right turn onto Rte 5 North at the bottom of the ramp. Follow Rte. 5 North through* Lyndonville. There's a couple of turns in the center of Lyndonville, but stay on Rte. 5. At traffic light, bear right onto Rte 114. Follow Rte 114 to East Burke. When you get to East Burke, go through town and stay on Rte 114. (Don't go towards Burke Mtn. on Mountain road) You'll go up a small hill. The lodge is on the left at the top of the hill just before, and next to a baseball field. It's only about a 1/4 mile from the center of East Burke to where the lodge is.

*If 5:00PM or later when you are in Lyndonville, stop at Trout River Brewing (it will be on your left) for Nitro Stout, Altered Trout, and pizza.

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
hey treesaw, what sort of stuff should we bring? sleeping bags etc? beer? cheezy puffs?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
hey treesaw, what sort of stuff should we bring? sleeping bags etc? beer? cheezy puffs?
Sleeping bags, pillows if you want your own, beer, $ for TreeSaw, lights for a night ride, bike gear, beer, any snacks that you might like for post-ride Saturday (there will be some too) & shower stuff.

I'll bring the rest.

C-ya Friday!!!!