Quantcast

Fall Windrock Group Rides

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The Fall might be the best riding at Windrock all year.

In the past the High Gear racing team out of MI always comes down to ride and they bring a ton of folks. They have announced November 17th to be this year's date. HGR correct me if I am wrong. We would like to invite anyone else looking for a good weekend of riding to join.

In addition, the first weekend in October will have a pretty good crew from LA and AL riding.

All the trails are open and riding great. Hope to see lots of folks on these and any other weekend throughout the fall.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see the November ride turn in a festival. Bonfire, catered lunch, etc.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Probably 2.5 from door to door. Go to Elizabethton, TN then I-26 to I-81, then I-40 to TN 162 to TN 62 towards Oliver Springs, TN.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
I might be down depending on whats going on w/ school and what not.

If anyone from the Charleston, SC Area needs a ride, please PM me. The Sunday tells me it wants to see windrock for the 1st time.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I'll save up all the catering orders that we negligently deliver on the wrong day and we'll have one hell of a feast. :thumb:

At this point I'd love to come up that weekend and hopefully many before that.

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
Franzie's is in...

your granny's diaper that is! Ha!

Hey Spaz aren't those her teef? Wow she sure does have
nice gums:biggrin:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Is this an open invite? If so, I'm there!
Windrock is open to any one that can afford to buy the daily $15 permit or the yearly $80 permit.

However if you want to shuttle the downhill trails you will need to line up a lift. There might be a "public" shuttle for a small fee at the November ride. Stay tuned.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'll be flying in to town the weekend of the 17th to visit family. If anybody can come up with a bike I could borrow, I can come up with a 3/4 ton pickup and a 15ft flatbed trailer for shuttles....

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I'm going to see if Capt. Tom can cater a lunch. I'll see what it costs per person.
Snap! That is a brilliant idea!

*We might have to put in a maintenance session or two to get the rock ready to roll. Does anyone know how to work a leafwinder or weedchomper?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Actually they can blow pretty good out most any hole.

I was thinking of organizing a work/ride day for the weekend before the October and November rides. Anyone down with that?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Clinton Hwy., Powell, TN. Some of East Tennessee's finest young (and old) ladies. Join us. Our crew has attained VIP status.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Well I usually don't refer to myself a 'former' world champion, but more of a current world champion. ;)

Please tell me its H-Ball.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Kicking in for shuttle help is never a problem. Hell, that's just expected where I come from. Is this just a Saturday thing, or both days?

jakob

Chimp
May 9, 2004
Actually they can blow pretty good out most any hole.

I was thinking of organizing a work/ride day for the weekend before the October and November rides. Anyone down with that?
I'm in. Let me know when it will happen.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
We, The High Gear Racing guys, roll into town on Friday night. Some guys might be there in time to take a few runs Friday night. Then, we ride all day Saturday and then from about 9am to 1pm on Sunday.

When you ride is up to you. I am sure there will be plenty of people there the whole weekend.