Quantcast

Fall Windrock Group Rides

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
I might as well do the shuttling........ make some bucks maybe!!haha...
what date is this going on? maybe I will be better by then.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I might as well do the shuttling........ make some bucks maybe!!haha...
what date is this going on? maybe I will be better by then.
You need to come to the one in October (Oct. 5-7). The entertainment on the schedule will be the finest.

But you might be in a ridable shape on the November 17th one.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Got in the works to have Cane Creek, I9, and Morewood industry booths there with product and possible demo bikes. I am also trying to work out a couple toys to raffle off all for the November ride.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
You said there would be people from AL coming up to ride Oct 5-7?

Who are these other downhillers from Alabama. I might try to come up that weekend.

MT Road

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
Hey all..

Looking to bring a group to Windrock but I am looking for info.. trail maps what days are good to go etc.. I think there will be three of us and two trucks... looking forward to it I need a DH fix closer than the ski resorts ..

DO you all have any idea where I can find the maps and where you get the day pass?

Thanks Chris

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Passes can be bought right in the parking lot or at the Exxon in Oliver Springs.

As far as trail map, we are currently working with the ATV club to get the MTB trails added to their map. I will try to put together a very crude map to post up on here.

I know there will be two big MTB ride weekends Oct. 6th and November 17th as mentioned before. Saturdays usually have more riders.

Keep in mind that the ATV Jamboree will be the weekend of Oct. 20 and its usually more trouble than its worth to ride on those days. However we don't cross the paved road much anymore, so most of the hassle will be the increased traffic on the shuttle road and parking.

MT Road

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
Another thing,,,, can two people and two cars make this shuttle ??

I know it is a bunch of driving but could it work?

C

MT Road

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
Well I hate to make a long post, but since this is the only place I can find any information possibly you all can guide me on this…

When looking at the CC ATV map it appears that the road goes to the main trail head parking, then a paved road goes up to a series of gravel roads which one goes to the MTB trails?

And Do all the MTB trails start and end in the same area?

I have two of us going up and my wife to run shuttle…. (total 3) is this place pretty safe for her to hang out while we ride?

Also I am aware of I think 3 trails based on the videos I have seen

1) Called Windmill? I think this board says it is the longest trail.. directions would be good
2) I have seen one with some wood banked turns and some drops – Location – this one would be a must ride?
3) And one with some good jumps and the video ends with a road gap? Gotta find that one also..

Are the roads marked? And would I be able to find these trails just from signage? Or would anyone want to meet us out there and show us the trails?

Like I said I hate to ask all of these questions but if I am going to drive a total of 8 hours I would like to think I can find the trails and get some riding it..

Thanks for the help

Chris

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Well I hate to make a long post, but since this is the only place I can find any information possibly you all can guide me on this…

When looking at the CC ATV map it appears that the road goes to the main trail head parking, then a paved road goes up to a series of gravel roads which one goes to the MTB trails?

And Do all the MTB trails start and end in the same area?

I have two of us going up and my wife to run shuttle…. (total 3) is this place pretty safe for her to hang out while we ride?

Also I am aware of I think 3 trails based on the videos I have seen

1) Called Windmill? I think this board says it is the longest trail.. directions would be good
2) I have seen one with some wood banked turns and some drops – Location – this one would be a must ride?
3) And one with some good jumps and the video ends with a road gap? Gotta find that one also..

Are the roads marked? And would I be able to find these trails just from signage? Or would anyone want to meet us out there and show us the trails?

Like I said I hate to ask all of these questions but if I am going to drive a total of 8 hours I would like to think I can find the trails and get some riding it..

Thanks for the help

Chris
Currently there are really no signs that indicate trailheads. You would need to know where they are. Hopefully that will change soon.

Your wife will be fine. Just take it slow on the road. There are many blind corners and the rednecks on their ATV's fly around the corners not caring about anything.

If you come up on a weekend, more than likely there will be some one there to show you the trails. They intertwine all over the place. And unless you know them, you will have no idea which trail you are on.

Currently as far as I know the trails are:
Windmill- This is the longest. It breaks up into two separate trails towards the end. The old windmill trails which connects to Snakerock, and the new section that was put in last winter.

Snakerock- Probably the easiest trail on the mountain, but in my opinion, the funnest.

Trail one- The original trail that has the road gap.

Drop out- Off camber trail that gives Profro orgasms :p

Middle Finger- Steep rocky off camber trail that is over before you know it.

Southern rocks- Technical boulder ridden trail that will beat the crap out of you. Goes to the road then you drop back off the road onto GT4 which is fast and flowy.

Most of the trails except Windmill and GT4 intertwine at some point.

Couple more that may be open that I'm not aware of as I haven't ridden much lately.

MT Road

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
Yep I have the Garmin 305 for my other XC bike but I could use it..

Thanks for the help everyone ... I toast you with a cyber beer..

If I get the GPS I Could make a map also..

C

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
MT Road,

When you you be here?

All of this will probably be mute if you are here on a weekend because someone can show you around.

Again, this is the very reason we are trying to get trailheads, trail signs, and maps created.

MT Road

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
At first I was thinking about a weekday so we could check the hits before hitting them.. On virgin trails I like a good slow run to guage distance and speed before trying to pinn it.. (I hope everyone does this - from my old kayak days) If some of the gaps are 15 - 45 feet like I have read I would want to check them out first.
By a weekday I am not in the way of any one who already knows the trail.

But if aSat is best I may have to do that then - I really just did not want to slow anyone down while we check out the trails..
I am sure the locals would appreciate my perspective on this one :clapping:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Weekend would be fine.

Plus there are so many trails its hard to run upon some one. I wouldn't worry about that. We aren't racing.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
At first I was thinking about a weekday so we could check the hits before hitting them.. On virgin trails I like a good slow run to guage distance and speed before trying to pinn it.. (I hope everyone does this - from my old kayak days) If some of the gaps are 15 - 45 feet like I have read I would want to check them out first.
By a weekday I am not in the way of any one who already knows the trail.

But if aSat is best I may have to do that then - I really just did not want to slow anyone down while we check out the trails..
I am sure the locals would appreciate my perspective on this one :clapping:
There are not any big gaps at all. There is a road gap, but it is easy.
Actually the jumps there are about the only time you can relax.
Its super steep and rocky that is the hard part.
Not one particular section either, it just all adds up.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
..... We aren't racing.
OH NO!! profro's a spy!!! :pirate2:

There are not any big gaps at all. There is a road gap, but it is easy.
Actually the jumps there are about the only time you can relax.
Its super steep and rocky that is the hard part.
Not one particular section either, it just all adds up.
Only thing you need a guide:shocked: for is the ditch gap....

MT Road

Chimp
Oct 1, 2007
I think we will be going up on the 27th I will post back when plans are finalized.. sure hope to meet some people for some Trail guidance..

C

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
So me and a friend from the Illinois area were looking to come down there sometime this month? Anyone looking for 2 extra for splitting shuttles (and gas) one of these upcoming weekends?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll back that up by say....HUGE ATV Jamboree.

We came in Sunday after the last fall one and there were trucks parked on the side of the road for over a mile past the parking lot and the Yamaha Semi truck swallowed the upper lot all by itself.