Quantcast

false labour is fun

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
2 am...I wake up to hear my wife groaning....not in a good way.

contractions....ok...no big... she's been having them on and off for the past few days. Well they get stronger and stronger...about every 8-10 mins. The doc had said to go to the hospital when they get to about 10 mins because we live somewhat far-ish away. So at 3:45 I call my mom to stay with our daughter. Into the car. This is it!

Get to the hospital...fetal monitor on.... aaaaaaaaannnnd...they send up home. Though the contrations were really strong (she's done this before, so she does have a basis of comparison), it jsut still wasn't time.

She's still having contrations pretty regularly...nearly 12 hrs later... but still no baby.

So it's looking like it'll be a xmas baby........

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
splat said:
Braxton Hicks !! lets at least call it by the proper name!!!

(and I'm sure I spelt it wrong too)

Thing is, those aren't supposed to be strong enough to really hurt. That's why my wife thought that this was 'it"..... I found her a little while ago hunch over, hands on her knees with her forehead on the kitchen counter going... "ohhhhhh" (again...not in a good way). She wouldn't let me take a picture for some reaon...

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
MMike said:
..... I found her a little while ago hunch over, hands on her knees with her forehead on the kitchen counter going... "ohhhhhh" (again...not in a good way). She wouldn't let me take a picture for some reaon...

Aww come on Mike,her head is down on the counter.She will never even no you snapped the pic:blah: .Seriously tho my wife had the false labor thing,3 trips to the hospital in a 24 hour period.Last time i said i ain't leaving:mumble: .Merry Christmas to you and yours!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
GravityFreakTJ said:
Aww come on Mike,her head is down on the counter.She will never even no you snapped the pic:blah: .Seriously tho my wife had the false labor thing,3 trips to the hospital in a 24 hour period.Last time i said i ain't leaving:mumble: .Merry Christmas to you and yours!
She heard me going for the camera. She threatened me with bodily harm

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
MMike said:
2 am...I wake up to hear my wife groaning....not in a good way.

contractions....ok...no big... she's been having them on and off for the past few days. Well they get stronger and stronger...about every 8-10 mins. The doc had said to go to the hospital when they get to about 10 mins because we live somewhat far-ish away. So at 3:45 I call my mom to stay with our daughter. Into the car. This is it!

Get to the hospital...fetal monitor on.... aaaaaaaaannnnd...they send up home. Though the contrations were really strong (she's done this before, so she does have a basis of comparison), it jsut still wasn't time.

She's still having contrations pretty regularly...nearly 12 hrs later... but still no baby.

So it's looking like it'll be a xmas baby........
Awesome stuff! good luck and merry christmas. I'll be sure to TP your house while you are out.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
best wishes and prayers your way!!!

Especially for your wife! :thumb:

Which does beg to ask the question...which is more painful...labor pains, or being married to mmike...:think:

Seriously, congrats...I hope it all goes well!!! :thumb: :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
ahh...isn't it fun :D

with our first, noah, my wife had hard contractions for several days. the doc told us to go home and "do it" every 4 hours. best advice we ever got from a Dr. :thumb: it worked too ;)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Nope..she's clenching until after christmas. he's still having contractions every 10-30 mins....ever 10 mins at night. She still hasn't really slept since yesterday when this all started. She's in a holly jolly mood I tell ya....

We'd been talking about manimal's trick...she really didn't want the baby to be born on christmas. Tonight however....I'll be sporting the shiny blue thong and a smoking jacket.....ooooooh yyyyyyeah.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
MMike said:
We'd been talking about manimal's trick...she really didn't want the baby to be born on christmas. Tonight however....I'll be sporting the shiny blue thong and a smoking jacket.....ooooooh yyyyyyeah.....

tell your wife i said "i'm sorry", i didn't know it would turn out like that :eek: ;)

splat

Nam I am
manimal said:
ahh...isn't it fun :D

with our first, noah, my wife had hard contractions for several days. the doc told us to go home and "do it" every 4 hours. best advice we ever got from a Dr. :thumb: it worked too ;)

Dam , where can I find a Doc like that !

and when you say it worked, did you mean it started labor or did you have the biggest smile on you face for the next 2 weeks but were very tired ?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
splat said:
Dam , where can I find a Doc like that !
uh....that would be a military doctor :D they are different breed :D

splat said:
and when you say it worked, did you mean it started labor or did you have the biggest smile on you face for the next 2 weeks but were very tired ?
yes and yes. it was the only time in my life that i felt like a piece of meat.....but i like it :thumb: "i was used....yes! i was used!"