Quantcast

Fast food rant

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
How many times, do you need to correct your order taker to get your order correct? I just want to know what the magic number is so I can make sure I get my food the way I am asking from now on. Check it out, swing in to the Local Del Taco, I am very hungry, blood sugar is dropping, I need something to eat fast or I am litterly going to pass out from blood sugar dropping too low.<ask me later if your interested> So I swing in for something fast and cheap, They have the Del's deal 2.99 for two bean and cheese, a taco, and a drink. Cool nice and easy, so I order they ask what sauce I want, No sauce please I say, they ok I have two green burito's is that correct? I say no I want no sauce please, your sauce gives me heartburn. Ok Sorry about that sir...............Ok drink ordered<diet coke, more to do with the Blood sugar stuff> He repeates the total order, ok so I have two green burittos, a taco and a Regular coke. I say NO, No sauce on the burittos, and a DIET COKE. Ok I apologize he says........ So I pay, get my food, drive off. Grab a Burrito, sure as ****, its loaded with the green sauce, I cant portray how much I really dont like Del Taco's green sauce, Take a quick swig to get teh taste out, and **** me its Regular Coke.

Ok turn around, go inside, talk to the guy behind the counter, tell him whats going on, the Manager leans over, Im sorry sir She says, Let me replace your entire order right now for you.....Ok thats cool, until she turns around and says " Hey guys, I need two reds, and a taco now...... PUT EXTRA XHEESE ON ALL OF THEM."..... Ok that pissed me off, I really, REALLY dont like someone else deciding what I want on my food. So I say old on, I dont want extra cheese, Please dont do that. Attitude now, whats the Big deal she says.......I say your deciding for me what I want, If I wanted extra cheese I would have asked you for it, If I wanted something extra I would have told you so, Next time ask me if I want that, dont just do it, thats rude, its like me adding salt to your food because I think its better, then find out your alergic to salt later. Dont do that please.

So they go about it, then I get the "Excuse me sir, I really hate to say this, but we just ranout of beans, Is there anything else on the menu, anything at all I cang et you, no extra charge.

Ok so quickly I hit up something else that I can stomach, couple chicken softs, and a small fry. They get it to me pretty quick, I head home, grab a fry or two on the way, blood sugar is leveling a bit I feel beter. Take a taco out and My god the damn thing was dripping grease through the wrapper. I open it up, and what do you know, Absolutly overloaded with cheese and fried ground beef. Not just any ground beef, the nasy stuff, from the bottom of the pan, the reason I dont order regular tacos from fast food joints type ground beef.

Call them, pissed off, lay it all out and of coarse I get" I am sorry sir, there is nothing I can do at this point, the manager that was on staff just went home, I just came on Duty.

**** me, Gotta love great customer service. Tossed the food, ended up just making a sandwich at home.

<RANT OFF> I feel better now

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, it is "fast food" after all. Not "good food" or "good service" just "fast food."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Damn, man. That's a lot of stress over fast food. I stopped going to a local Einstein's because a "plain bagel, sliced" was the most difficult item on the menu. screw up once is fine, twice...eh. but three times, seriously...what the ****?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i had a double-double (animal style) for lunch & still haven't eaten a meal in the 11 hrs since

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm glad you feel better, but yeah ranting about the service at a fast food place is pretty friggin comical.

They always fvck you at the drive through!
Oh, but not always sometimes you get to do the screwing. When I was in high school I had a few friends that worked the local fast food joints. We'd go through the drive through with like 5 people, order a burger and a small coke, and drive around to get 2-3 huge bags full of food for like a buck fifty or whatever. Probably can't get away with that anymore but it was rad.

In any case, I'm really glad I worked in bike shops and never had to flip a burger.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
B1tching about service at a FF restaurant. That's funny. :rofl:
Yup. Have you ever peered over at the registers? There's no words on them, just pictures. Customer orders a taco, press the taco button, etc. Its not because they're trying to overcome the language barrier, its because there's no literacy test when you fill out an application.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
So you're the d!ck yelling at the poor re-res that make minimum wage.

Here's a tip. They already make a little as they possibly can. There's no such thing as commission or tips in their world. They have no reason to be afraid of your complaining. Ever worked a job like that? It's great. You get to screw around all the time and be mean to those that give you attitude.

Edit: I know it's hard to control your attitude with low blood sugar, but take a deep breath and be polite for your own sake.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So you're the d!ck yelling at the poor re-res that make minimum wage.

Here's a tip. They already make a little as they possibly can. There's no such thing as commission or tips in their world. They have no reason to be afraid of your complaining. Ever worked a job like that? It's great. You get to screw around all the time and be mean to those that give you attitude.

Edit: I know it's hard to control your attitude with low blood sugar, but take a deep breath and be polite for your own sake.
You know, actually like alot of highschool kids, My first two jobs were fast food. We didnt need an incentive such as tips for doing a good job, our incentive was that we were 100% replaceable, and if we screwed up repeatadly..... WE GOT FUGGIN FIRED!!!!! Yes they have a very big reason of being afraid of my complaints, if all they can get is this "crap" job, then they also need to keep it.

Sorry, but I dont pass the stupitidy card just because they make minimum wage. You still should have a general understanding of whats going on. I amde a simple mistake Back at my first FF job, I gave someone the wrong burger, and guess what, I got suspended. that meant I lost money, which meant it took me a little longer to get enough money to afford Driving school to get my Drivers License, which meant I wasnt "cool" longer now.

Sorry, but if someone is providing a service, that doesnt mean that I should just accept piss poor service just because it is expected due to them making minimum wage, or them just being overly generalized as Stupid.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
This is the same sort of rant about the guy who got pissed about the potato salad at the local Safeway a few months ago.

You went in for food that you expected to receive in about 2 minutes time, all for $2.99. What the crap did you expect? A gourmet meal? You get what they give you for $2.99, and you like it. :D