Quantcast

fattest city in america. lets understand what they are saying

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
They dont even take size measurements when they do this. So it's actually theoretical bull****. Article as follows:

The survey looks at 16 different categories, such as how well city residents fare in nutrition, exercise and sports participation, and to what extent they embrace poor health choices, such as smoking, drinking and excessive TV watching.

To figure out each city's fat content, researchers tallied the number of fast food joints per city, checked out the average length of commutes (the longer the ride, the higher the chance of excess fat), examined air and water quality and explored parks and recreational facilities.

full story:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/GoodMorningAmerica/GMA0203Americas_fattest_cities.html

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
All you have to do to lose that weight is break your leg(compound preferably). I have been thru two surgeries now, and over the holidays I lost almost 20 lbs!

Sadly I started at 165, a weight that was perfect for me. I had just the right build of mass/fat and muscle(atleast that is how I felt). Now I am skinnier than when I was distance running:(.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I moved to Seattle from Portland, Seattle moved to second as the fittest city and Portland moved down.

'nuff said. :monkey:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
see, i read somewhere that memphis was one of the fattest cities in the country, and it didnt even make the list. and i have to tell you if you walk around memphis for about an hour anyone could agree that it should be on the list.

-LAURA

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by TN_Fred
see, i read somewhere that memphis was one of the fattest cities in the country, and it didnt even make the list. and i have to tell you if you walk around memphis for about an hour anyone could agree that it should be on the list.

-LAURA
I'll be going to Texas next week, and will probably stop in Memphis for a day either on the way there or on the way back
This is an excellent opportunity to compare fat people!