Quantcast

fav pic?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there

i like this one. its nothing special- actually its about the only decent picture of me riding in the last several months cus i hardly ride anymore. plus my white socks totally ruin the otherwise gothy outfit. uhhh... right... peas.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I have 3 favorite pics at the moment. In the order in which they were taken.

Moab, Porcupine Rim - September 2002

SnowShoe WV, Sport DH Course - August 2004

Deerfiend Beach, FL, our local (small DJs) A few weeks ago.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I like this pic of me riding a skinny on my uni........I think it has more to do with the fact that it felt so good when I finally made the whole distance than it does the pic :thumb:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
narlus said:
where is the 2nd picture? i think i've gone off that one before (biggest to flat drop i've tried).
That used to be on the ridge trail... it's been destroyed. The trail crossed the back of that rock, but I decided to explore and found a different route....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
narlus said:
yeah, acapulco is way big. my buddy (private joker on these boards) did it on a hardtail w/ a z150 :eek:
My buddy was an expert at saying the right things to get myself and others to do stuff. So he told me that one of my buddies had done it on his hardtail - so I had to go for it... I'm smarter now.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yeah, that drop is where i thought it was (the tree was a helpful hint). damn, that trail which went behind there was fun. RIP, ridge trail :dead:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Eyes on the line...(nursing the heck outta the levers)

Snowshoe poster boy...

But enough about me...

My friend Matt, one of the best trials riders and drinkers in Richmond, VA.

Mike

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
mack said:
yet some how your off it, arentcha!?
Nahh. The course took a hard left turn into a grassy section then into the woods. The worn track was an existing trail that dead ended into the tape behind the cameraman.

It's the NORBA beginner/sport course at Mt. Snow. It was a practice run (I don't wear the camelback for race runs)

Mike

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I don't have any favorite pictures of me biking but this is my all time favorite bike related image - it was taken by IRBaboon sometime earlier this year. For some reason it struck me as cool so I got the original from him and had it printed up and posted in my LBS where it lasted quite a long time but was eventually stollen from the board.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
narlus said:
yeah, that drop is where i thought it was (the tree was a helpful hint). damn, that trail which went behind there was fun. RIP, ridge trail :dead:
So have YOU hit Space Monkey or Acopuco yet? They are not much worse than that one on ridge trail.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Just about the only picture taken of me this year...

Favorite picture that I took:

The amount of air Mark (the rider) gets off that hip is insane :eek:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
bhspec03 said:
do u ever bend oyur rims raven?
i blow through a rear rim in about 4-6 months and front ones ever 8-9 months. i usually have to retire a rim because the ones i run are made of butter and get single sided dents all over and eventually i grind enough off the rim to where it just cracks.

in trials rims are disposable. i go through rims as much as some people go through tubes. pretty rediculous.

this picture came out awesome because there was like negative light to take it with. i think the gap is like 9+ feet? i dont know, its far. pedal kick gap- not this cheater speed into it method. gaps like this are awesome for your rims.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Slugman said:
So have YOU hit Space Monkey or Acopuco yet? They are not much worse than that one on ridge trail.
no i haven't, and probably won't. i'm a wuss now, and 10' + flat landings don't appeal to me much anymore. looks like you were on a single crown fork too, big props.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
this forum cater to pinkbike dropouts...

i like that dog man, thad be sweet to have a trained german shepard.