Quantcast

Favorite Bike of All Time

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
So let us have some fun on the forum. What has been your favorite bike of all time. Mine has been my 2010 Intense 951
Elixir CR
husselfelt cranks
Boxxer WC
Elka Stage 5
Rides really nice. some parts need updating, but that can be saved for the next owner.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
My 06 Astrix Union is by far my favorite bike. It's never let me down and is super versatile. I've raced xc on it with a short fork and skinny tires, and raced DH on it with a 66 and minions. It's a pretty solid hucker too.

in DH mode

Last edited:

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
my favorite bike of all time would have to be my sinister ridge. the bike i wanted since i first started riding in like 07 when i saw one at milford bikes. finally got my own and road the **** outta it all last year, from days of down hilling at highland to days of hucking it off the biggest stuff i could find.

my knees started telling me no more so i had to switch to a fully again, but im gonna peace it back together over the winter and start ripping on it again :thumb:.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
It is insane how people ride hardtails DH, to be good at it you must have wrists of steel and a set of balls to go with it. Great bikes. Riding a hardtail DH must teach you to take the best lines or else...
hence why my knees are messed up
this is me hitting a 20 foot drop on my hard tail, im a youtube partner so if you get a ad on the video please click it i get paid lol.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
My M6. But in some ways, my ld Bianchi Super Grizzly was a killer bike. It was raced in everything from the Kamikaze to the Vermont 50-miler. It handled like Schumachers Benneton - it was super twitchy, but it would always let you save it too. Fun bike, I wish I still had it. I'd probably realize what a piece of **** it was if I still had it though.

samnation

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Somewhere in KANURDUR
Transition Preston FR

That bike could do EVERYTHING. Whistler to Pummeling all day XC rides.

My blur is a very close second thinking i just need to spend a touch more time on it.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My Knolly DT that I currently own. It does everything well, from hammer DH trails to pedaling around XC trails. It's on the heavy side, but I can take it anywhere.

clockwork

Chimp
Jun 6, 2008
2008 sxtrail trully has been my do it all bike for the last 4 years. Everything from all mountain to epic long rides to crazy rides with tons of climbing to freeride and dh. Granted I am not leader of the pack climbing or on the dh but I am not in the rear of the pack either. I was hoping to get a few more years out of it but I finally cracked it recently :(

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Banshee Rune (now with Spank Spike 777 bars) and I disapear on the trails for whole day. Built for FR side with budget in mind so it's little bit heavier so I have a good excercise when pushing it back up the top of a hill :thumb:.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My 2010 Legend. First bike I never worry about and have no problems with. Even with my crash fetish.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
This is a tough call

For AM/FR I loved and really miss my Intense SS1.

For DH its my new Canfield Jedi. I had an 08 jedi which was amazing and the 2011's fixed all the small things i didn't like about the 08's. Sick bikes for sure.