Quantcast

Favorite Biking Magazines.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I subscribe to Bike, Bicycling and Mountain Bike. Those are my favorites. Bike has awesome photography; Bicycling and Mountain Bike have great fitness/training tips and gear reviews.

I'll occasionally pick up Dirt Rag and Mountain Biking. I won't buy MBA ( I hate that f'ing mag!)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think BMX Plus is around still. I like Dirt and Decline. Bike has good pictures. IMO Bicycling and Mountain Bike are kinda worthless, especially Bicycling.

Fat Whacker

Chimp
Aug 2, 2005
I usually get Decline but latley I have been buying Mountain Biking Action. Why do people not like this mag so much? I ride both DH and XC so I find MBA a lot more geared to XC guys and Decline for the FR and DH scene. I should subscribe to more mags, but it gets pretty expensive to subscribe in Canada.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I usually get Decline but latley I have been buying Mountain Biking Action. Why do people not like this mag so much? I ride both DH and XC so I find MBA a lot more geared to XC guys and Decline for the FR and DH scene. I should subscribe to more mags, but it gets pretty expensive to subscribe in Canada.
MBA has absolutely THE WORST, most UNRESEARCHED advice on the planet. Their layout is horrendous and their editing is wrought with errors, and their articles are really just a bore to read.

Dirt Rag has something weird going on with them. They used to rock, but I've been much less impressed with them lately.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
that's cool, Graphics. Just the fact that you actually reached a person at that place and got through to them is amazing in itself.
Yeah...and it was the first photo I ever submitted and it was published full page...so it's definitely a "once-in-a-lifetime" thing for me!! :cupidarrow:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Dirt Rag
Decline
Bike

Just the fact that you actually reached a person at that place and got through to them is amazing in itself.
Have you had issues? I've emailed back and forth all day with Jeff Guerrero just shooting the sh*t about music, riding, etc....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Bike.
great photos, good articles.
dexterq20 intered with them this summer, and is getting a by line in an upcoming issue. Congrats Ben!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Dirt - from the UK, my absolute favorite, then it's Dirt Rag then Bike. I get desperate every once and a while and buy Decline (not bad, but not as well put together articles as Dirt) and MBA. Buying MBA is usually an act of desperation. I mean, it's almost a tabloid with cover "articles" like DOUBLE SECRET TRAINING! 10 MINUTE FORK FIXES! THIS IN: SPECIALIZED ADVERTISES WITH US AND WE LOVE THEM! and so on.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Dirt - from the UK, my absolute favorite, then it's Dirt Rag then Bike. I get desperate every once and a while and buy Decline (not bad, but not as well put together articles as Dirt) and MBA. Buying MBA is usually an act of desperation. I mean, it's almost a tabloid with cover "articles" like DOUBLE SECRET TRAINING! 10 MINUTE FORK FIXES! THIS IN: SPECIALIZED ADVERTISES WITH US AND WE LOVE THEM! and so on.
Don't forget the "you can drink coffee, coke or mountain dew to hydrate, because if you like it you'll drink a lot of it and that's good" kind of advice they offer.