Quantcast

favorite dh magazine

elRey

Turbo Monkey
I like Dirt and Decline and have gotten a couple issues of MBUK. The only gripe I have about all these mags is that the writing isn't very good IMO. Especially with Decline. I have a feeling that many of the guest writers barely passed high school english, and that's why the are riding their mountain bikes for a living.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
top_dog said:
Dirt mag rules.

Clict is pretty good now aswell. It still seems a bit homemade compared to Dirt though.
Clict? Is that even a real word or just a spelling designed to look like "dirt" in that particular font?

rbx

Monkey
dropmachine.com said:
This "stick-man," he knows his stuff.

Decline is good,but very casual. Nothing wrong with that, long as you're in the mood. The reviews still seem very wishywashy though, I never really see them slam the crap out of something, no matter how deserved it is.

Dirt is the ****, hands down. But for gear, half the time i have no clue what the hell they are getting at. They are very vague. That said, nobody understands DH like they do, and I applaud them for calling street the stupid fad that it is.

Mountain bike is surprisingly entertaining for me, considering its about 12 pages an only appears on the second tuesday of a sabretooth hamsters period. They do seem to write some good stuff though, and they seem to call fluff for what it is.

I don't read dirtrag. Perhaps one day I'll get into chicks without shaved armpits, and Dirtrag will be the one for me.

MBA is hands down the biggest backalley abortion stain of a magazine I've ever seen. It actually prompted me to write about it on DM. They are so blatantly ridiculous that I'm no longer allowed to buy the magazine, cause i yell at it and throw it. I mean, god forbid a bike doesn't have a platform shock, VPP or FSR and at least 7 different knobs on your bar to control shock lockout, ot it'd be completely unridable!

I will miss you Modest bike.

No, I think the best is MBUK for sure. Great articles, decent pics, wide range of topics, and excellent and HONEST gear reviews. I have never once read something and had a skeptical response, which is a first for anything. They do a damn fine job AND the mag comes with free junk every issue! How can you go wrong?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: