Quantcast

favorite freeridin shorts for 4x & dh?

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Thor Static pants...they are actually a baggy motocross pant with zip-off legs that convert into shorts. They aren't totally "moto" with all the thermoplastic/injection molded stuff all over them to constrict your movement. Comfortable...and they have pockets! I know that's minor, but not many Dh/4X pants/shorts have pockets...when you want to store money, car key, or whatever when you ride the lift, pockets are good.

www.thormx.com

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
From what I have seen of Fox, I would say "no" to them. Very loose in the leg. My gf has a pair. Don't know what works better though. Dainese and TLD both have a more tapered leg fit and more stretch panels. Don't know of any lady-specific moto shorts though.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I have some black Adidas that I love. I don't have a clue as to the name...but they are comfortable and long. The crotch isn't all baggy and doesn't snag the seat on my DH bike. They have removable chamois, and have these little sewn in panels that help the short stretch. They should work just fine for the female gender. :D :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Repack said:
From what I have seen of Fox, I would say "no" to them. Very loose in the leg. My gf has a pair. Don't know what works better though. Dainese and TLD both have a more tapered leg fit and more stretch panels. Don't know of any lady-specific moto shorts though.
Yeah, I had a pair of FOX pants that were WAY too baggy in the crotch and legs and would constantly get hung up on my seat. I have some Azonic Freeride shorts that are nice a long and not too loose as well.