Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
the rules

you must be the photographer
5 pictures max
must have something to do with biking
explain something about the picture

(asshat poaching picture removed) jbp
riding at the highest point in new jersey, what you see behind the rider is pa.

marc (mini mac) riding at diabloween he is so gnarly

george ryan at a domination race, just really happy with how my lighting came out in it

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
You two suck at this...

Props to Riding for splicing this together.

My new job has me flying all over the country every week - so I took a few days and did a whirl-wind trip with -BB- and our spouses. -BB- took these shots, props to him for cathing the action.

Wake up Friday am and drive to Mammoth, next day drive to Northstar, Next day Downieville and get dropped off at reno, NV airport to go to work... But I had FUN!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
at bromont a few years ago, i had my lower ass get pinched between my saddle and rear tire when i landed a drop....i thought a bee stung me.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Why Don't you put in your Rules that you haveto be alble to bike there legally !

Bikes are not allowed there ! so please take down that photo.
no way that will eliminate SO many pictures, a bmx rider does a trick on a set of stairs by a store, where no riding signs are posted noone complains, a downhiller has a shot clearing a stairset outside a school, noone complains, someone rides in a park where riding is ban.... everyone complains.

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia

Just a picture of a racer from the SA national round, won by junior racer Will Rischbieth.

Another race pic, think this is Marshy, local pinner. Up at a private track that I can't remember the name of right now.

View approaching the bottom of the Eagle Downhill track, the view from the top is pretty decent too.

Just someone at a race, one of the very few photos where I capture some sort of indication of speed.

splat

Nam I am
no way that will eliminate SO many pictures, a bmx rider does a trick on a set of stairs by a store, where no riding signs are posted noone complains, a downhiller has a shot clearing a stairset outside a school, noone complains, someone rides in a park where riding is ban.... everyone complains.
You really can't take a Hint.

Weren't you banned from the local NJ site when tehy asked you not to post thisarea but you did ?

you even Touted that this iswhat they sent you.

hey dude,

I saw your post about high point. the issue with high point is its proximity to the AT. we really really hurt ourselves by being in there and anyone riding the AT is hurting our chances at opening new trail at other locations around the state.

if you could do me a major solid, and remove you pics from your high point post that would be a big help. the last one of you skidding is perfect ammunition for the opposition and I can see our arch nemesis Micheal J Vandeman grabbing it and placing it on his site. he is the king of mountain biking hatred. if the TC see's the post, this can have a direct impact on our access throughout north jersey.
Wasn'tthe thread you posted with that picture in it here on RM deleted .

I will not say I'm a saint and never poach trails , because I have and Do. Do I do it in areas that it isa sensitive issue ! no, and if I did Would I post pictures about it ! Hell No!!!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Do you have brain damage? Seriously?

The reason why you should never post photos of poaching is because it ruins it for everyone. Land access for mtn. bikers is a constant ongoing struggle. When you decide to ride where you are not supposed to it makes all of us look bad. That makes it all the more difficult for legitimate, respectful riders to gain access or to continue to be able to use that area. Posting pics of someone hitting up an urban area is completely unrelated to riding protected land.

I guess your behavior is to be expected as you clearly demonstrate your unwillingness to think for yourself and evaluate the consequences of your actions. Grow up, do your own damn homework, and pay attention to the rules that will always apply to you.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
damn skippy.

If you don't get it already, trail access issues are a big deal for mountain bikers. Get a clue and take down the photo. Better yet, don't ride in areas that you aren't allowed to ride in, the proof of you riding there is pretty evident and sticks around for some time afterwards.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005

shot with my minolta srt-101 and kodak ultra color 400 speed film. had to estimate the manual focus, set the shutter speed to 1/30, used whatever aperture that worked with the light meter, and then panned and hoped for the best.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
damn, i can't believe you didn't loop out if not ride a manual on that landing...you can't get any further behind the rear wheel!
Overcompensated for having the back wheel off the rock in the middle image... little luck, a little rear brake, and that ground being super loose saved me.

At the very least, he had to get a scrotal tire buzz.
Shaved junk the RM way... :poster_oops:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
about the only decent shot i took all year (not much riding, even less ride shooting)

slaphead mofo @ jiminy, dousing me and the camera: