Quantcast

Fayetteville, AR Info/Opinions

jeff

Chimp
Sep 19, 2004
Longview, Tx
Currently living in Colorado Springs and have been in CO for about 6 years. My wife is getting tired of the winters and ready to move somewhere warmer and closer to family in East Texas.
We are currenly thinking about Fayetteville and I am looking for info and opinions.
From what I have seen there is lots of riding in the area. How much riding is there close enough for after work rides (20 - 30 minute drive to trailhead)? Can you ride year-round?
What is the city like: Cost of living, food, entertainment, schools, weather, etc.?

Any info is appreciated!

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
You might try PMing Sherpa or posting in the lounge. I know there are a few people that post here that live in that area, but probably don't frequent the south forum.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
That area is nice but I think Asheville/Pisgah, NC area would be more your speed, coming from CO & all.

oxman

Chimp
Jul 2, 2007
Fayetteville is a generally nice place, brimming with college kids (alot of arogant bastard frat boys though, but not all) it is relatively cheap compared to co. springs i am sure. the riding is gonna be lackluster however, there are no downhill parks, no bike specific parks, but there are trails around lake fayetteville, and if you do get up to bentonville we have a cool albeit short trail system featuring a dirt jump park. umm... past that just ask me specificaly