Quantcast

Feb 5th Session in Reeshmond...

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Who-lly..crap! You mean to tell me that I am going to have to download another map just so I can find a new location to meet you guys just so I can ride?
You mean to tell me that Richmond of all places has an Island too?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Who-lly..crap! You mean to tell me that I am going to have to download another map just so I can find a new location to meet you guys just so I can ride?

aahhhhh.......dude. You've been there before...:rolleyes:

It's Tredager...

:p :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I am plannig on doing a XC ride that day. I am going to try to hit the buttermilk trail. I will try and time it to get back to the parking lot at 1 so I can at least say hello to everyone. Havent riden XC since last summer havent really been on a bike a all since october. I have been a sorry sack of sh*t lately. Hope to see you guys there.

Dennis

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
wood-dog said:
You'll like the "Island"

Mike

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mindlessfr said:
are we gonna be riding the buttermilk trail or is it gonna be an urban ride
It will be an urban"ish" ride

Probably ride around the Island, play around on the rocks, look at some of the chutes, then ride around town.

Thats my guess

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
BigMike said:
It will be an urban"ish" ride

Probably ride around the Island, play around on the rocks, look at some of the chutes, then ride around town.

Thats my guess
look?

does the ish part mean you'll hit the wall at all? tredagar wall that is? that place is so fun to session!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
ridetoofast said:
look?

does the ish part mean you'll hit the wall at all? tredagar wall that is? that place is so fun to session!

By "look" I meant Look at, find lines, and ride em, which we did :)

As for the wall, We sessioned it for quite awhile. Its weird hitting it in daylight after being so used to hitting it at night.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Dart, Great Pics! I had a blast out there with you guys today and I look forward to the next ride!
And as for SK6, who took a pretty bad spill today... how's the little soldier? :nopity:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
My last post just dosen't sum up todays ride so I am adding a "today's top ten list" of the Richmond ride;

10. Mtnbikerboy's mile long wheelies
9. Watching how smooth Dart lands his bike on a gnarly drop
8. Mindlessfr's styling HUGE F***ing airs
7. Wood-dog finally got a copy of "The Collective"
6. Listening to BigMike go BUUURRRR, BUUUUURRRR, BUUUURRRR
right before he takes flight
5. SK6 taking a header off the Tredagar wall (thankfully he was ok)
4. BigMike had working brakes on his bike
3. John (BigMikes roommate) sliding in the mud as he is fighting for
his life to get out of Dart's way
2. We discover that John(BigMikes roommate) shaves his legs with
ladies pink disposable razors
And today's # 1 event of the Richmond ride is....The session at Tredagar Wall!

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah deffenitly comming next time haha I spent the day hitting a step up with some funny bmx'ers. that wall looks fun pedaling around would suck though haha. how tall is that wall? Tell me next time you go woody

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
***snip***
5. SK6 taking a header off the Tredagar wall (thankfully he was ok)***snip***
It wasn't a header. But a footwear issue. When My foot came of the peddle, when I got it back on the right side was in the down position causing it to dig into the ground. The fact I was 5 feet to far to the right and had little or no tranny made it a consequential case! :p

The saddle hit right above the "choir" so its a bit sore.

Thanks for askin though...:thumb: It's all good, a little sore is all!

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
wood-dog said:
My last post just dosen't sum up todays ride so I am adding a "today's top ten list" of the Richmond ride;

10. T.J.'s mile long wheelies
9. Watching how smooth Dart lands his bike on a gnarly drop
8. Mindlessfr's styling HUGE F***ing airs
7. Wood-dog finally got a copy of "The Collective"
6. Listening to BigMike go BUUURRRR, BUUUUURRRR, BUUUURRRR
right before he takes flight
5. SK6 taking a header off the Tredagar wall (thankfully he was ok)
4. BigMike had working brakes on his bike
3. John (BigMikes roommate) sliding in the mud as he is fighting for
his life to get out of Dart's way
2. We discover that John(BigMikes roommate) shaves his legs with
ladies pink disposable razors
And today's # 1 event of the Richmond ride is....The session at Tredagar Wall!

Yesssss, I made the list. Does that mean I'm a celebrity? hahaha
Next time I'll bring a camera with video, a tube, and a belt.

PS: Whoever left early missed an amazing wallride in a BMX lot, and a sick drop off a sidewalk (a good 8 ft vertical). Next time stay, you wont regret it. Thanks to everyone who showed me around, I had a great time riding with ya'll, and especially Woody and Dart for staying and showing me some more stuff. Peace

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
BigMike said:
Hey Man, its not BUUURR, I'm not cold, its BRAAAP! :D

And enjoy the Collective, in my opinion, best MTB film to date
Hey Mr. smarty pants, NOT once did I hear a "P" sound at the end of what you were BLLUUURRRRTIIINNNNGGG OUT!!
It's BUUURRRR, trust me I know what I hear, Homie!

And the Collective is great! I have already watched it twice and by the same token, enjoy Earthed

Hey, where are those pics you took huh, Slick?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Yesssss, I made the list. Does that mean I'm a celebrity? hahaha
Next time I'll bring a camera with video, a tube, and a belt.

PS: Whoever left early missed an amazing wallride in a BMX lot, and a sick drop off a sidewalk (a good 8 ft vertical). Next time stay, you wont regret it. Thanks to everyone who showed me around, I had a great time riding with ya'll, and especially Woody and Dart for staying and showing me some more stuff. Peace

I'm assuming the wall ride is the White Walls, by the Police station, and what is this sick 8 foot drop off a sidewalk? (Dart, care to shed some light?)

Sorry I couldn't stick around, but I got in a good 3 hours of riding, and I had some getting drunk to do! We got bored and incorporated TicTacs, Altoids, Cheetoes, and Pretzels into our Tequila, but thats a whole other story!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
BigMike said:
I'm assuming the wall ride is the White Walls, by the Police station, and what is this sick 8 foot drop off a sidewalk? (Dart, care to shed some light?)
White Walls, yes.

Sorry MtnBikerBoy but you have to put away your Pinkbike ruler. :p

It was at the sidewalk gap behind Ethel Corp headquarters (the big white mansion above Tredegar) as demonstrated by Milby here...

We skipped the whole gap part and just rolled fast off the lip of the cement. It's a good floaty drop over a steep grassy slope where you are in the air for a while but never really more than 2 feet off the ground.

Mike

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Where was that last pic taken at? the Trail pic taken from above. sorry I miised out maybe next time.

Dennis