Quantcast

Feb 5th Session in Reeshmond...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Where was that last pic taken at? the Trail pic taken from above. sorry I miised out maybe next time.

Dennis
What was real funny was Mike made Mtnbikerboy00 climb up a tree and take a bunch of shots.

They turned out really cool. :thumb:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
sirknight6 said:
What was real funny was Mike made Mtnbikerboy00 climb up a tree and take a bunch of shots.

They turned out really cool. :thumb:
Actually he climbed up the tree and said "This would be a great angle for a picture." So I handed him my camera. Turns out he was right.

It kinda flattened out the hill but gave a cool perspective. Next time I'm going to have to find an angle where I don't shoot everyone's arse. :p

Maybe we could steal a "cherry picker" for the Tredegar Wall. :sneaky:

Mike

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
denjen said:
Where was that last pic taken at? the Trail pic taken from above. sorry I miised out maybe next time.

Dennis
It was the chute next to the quarry/pond on Belle. You've ridden it before with us.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Dartman said:
It was the chute next to the quarry/pond on Belle. You've ridden it before with us.
I reconize it now. It is realy flattened in the pic. That last rock is a lot more exposed now than I remember it.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I may go and hit the island this weekend. I got there shiver on the bike and cant wait to see how it feels. I need to take it on a couple runs like that to see if I need heavier springs. Changed the oil out, it should be ready to roll.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
HHHmmmmmmmm.........Sounds to me like a 1:30 pm Sunday session may be forming...weather permiting...

Sounds like it.....I'm just sayin...

Or Maybe Saturday....

I'm just sayin....sounds like it....

:p

;)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
HHHmmmmmmmm.........Sounds to me like a 1:30 pm Sunday session may be forming...weather permiting...

Sounds like it.....I'm just sayin...

Or Maybe Saturday....

I'm just sayin....sounds like it....

:p

;)

Im just sayin......

Maybe I can get Wayne to come out. My wife is out of town all week. Not sure if she is getting back fri. night or sat morning I will have to work around that.

mindlessfr

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
richmond, va
Hmmmmm.....a sunday ride sounds like a great idea:D
since i wont be able to make it tuesday you know cause that thing called school i think it is, and ill be out of town on friday and saturday:mad:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
I reconize it now. It is realy flattened in the pic. That last rock is a lot more exposed now than I remember it.

yeah dude, a lot of stuff has changed over there. The water has done a lot of work on some of those chutes. The first one you come to when going around the island to the right is basically vertical now!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
man i need to go on one of these rides soon!

maybe sunday :) but we will have to see

sir-knight i will have to bug you for directions if you don't mind

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Sir_Crackien said:

No worries man. You could just come over to my house, and we just load the trailer and go.

Looks like we'll have to watch the weather. sounds like a plan.

To all, are we looking at Saturday or Sunday? If its Sunday, then 1:00 is the earliest I could make it.

Thoughts?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sir_Crackien said:

Come on dude, You know you want to drive out here tomorrow!

Feb 5, 2006
Chester, Va.
Dartman said:
White Walls, yes.

Sorry MtnBikerBoy but you have to put away your Pinkbike ruler. :p

It was at the sidewalk gap behind Ethel Corp headquarters (the big white mansion above Tredegar) as demonstrated by Milby here...

We skipped the whole gap part and just rolled fast off the lip of the cement. It's a good floaty drop over a steep grassy slope where you are in the air for a while but never really more than 2 feet off the ground.

Mike

Ok, so maybe I exaggerated a little bit:) But if you hit it fast enough, maybe 8 ft vertical? alright, I was wrong, but it was fun anyways.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
Ok, so maybe I exaggerated a little bit:) But if you hit it fast enough, maybe 8 ft vertical? alright, I was wrong, but it was fun anyways.

The only two people I know that could even fathom getting 8 vertical feet off that are Scary Scott and Chris of the Bullit Brothers