Quantcast

FedEx came today....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Brought me these, Nice fast shipping from Azonic...Thanks

Azonic World force bars, 711 MM wide, 1 in wide.......Will take some getting used to, but....I think I can handle that. Before it was Raceface Diabolous DH 28In, so not a huge change in width, but damn its noticable lower in the front.

Last edited:

Sshields32

Monkey
Mar 7, 2008
Warwick, NY
Nice bars though. real nice. They look really weird to me for some reason though. They just go straight out and up from the stem, no bends. it just seems weird to me.

you spelled brought wrong btw.:p

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
711mm? That's a XC bar by today's standards.

Seriously though. I run those on my trail bike. Once you go 30, you throw away all bars under 710mm.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
711mm? That's a XC bar by today's standards.

Seriously though. I run those on my trail bike. Once you go 30, you throw away all bars under 710mm.
I couldnt imagine running 800's like I see others doing, Might as well go moto at that point.

Funny thing is, I was actually looking for bars for the enduro when I came across these....going to put the Diabolous on the enduro now.....so that bike is going from 25's to 28's

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Azonic bars = death.

Sorry, but it's pretty much a fact. Keep an eye on those things.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Azonic bars = death.

I've been riding their bars since the 90's and have never had an issue with them. Only one time, after having the same bars for almost 4 years in a row did they break because the way the bike landed was upside down on the handlebars themselves. But considering the past years of abuse they took its understandable.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I've seen more than enough of their almost brand new bars snap on people almost killing them. I have also seen their stems rip right in half too.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Azonic bars = death.

i never broke a set of handlebars until last year.
my World Force bars snapped off on a 3' to flat on Jack at Diablow...scary sh!t indeed. thankfully i landed in the only patch of grass that was 2'x2'.
the bars were about a year old too. they did offer me a replacement one at the time, but i never sent it in (maybe i should still try).

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
i never broke a set of handlebars until last year.
my World Force bars snapped off on a 3' to flat on Jack at Diablow...scary sh!t indeed. thankfully i landed in the only patch of grass that was 2'x2'.
the bars were about a year old too. they did offer me a replacement one at the time, but i never sent it in (maybe i should still try).
Ya, that happened to one of our buddies, except he didn't land on grass, he crashed into a metal pole...and the fell onto some concrete and slid down it. And his bars were like 3 months old, barely a scratch on them. Oh ya, and the bars broke when he was bunny hopping up a curb. And he doesn't crash much if at all.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I couldnt imagine running 800's like I see others doing, Might as well go moto at that point.
You could as well try them and cut them if you didn't like them. I've seen really small people run 760's and love them and I have no friends who've gone back.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Ya, that happened to one of our buddies, except he didn't land on grass, he crashed into a metal pole...and the fell onto some concrete and slid down it. And his bars were like 3 months old, barely a scratch on them. Oh ya, and the bars broke when he was bunny hopping up a curb. And he doesn't crash much if at all.
These particular bars had never been crashed on, once. They also broke from the bottom up (so from pulling up on the bars). Azonic B****ty2's for the win.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
When they DO break, are you really going to want another of the same set of bars? I bet that will make you feel all nice and cozy as you are having handlebar shrapnel extracted from your midsection.

Probably exaggerating...a little. But aren't you a pretty big dude to begin with? I'd be getting the best damn bars you could find. I'm a welterweight and I sweat these things.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah Im a bigger guy, around 240ish, Ive enver seen a broken set of azonics, Ive seen broken funn's Broken sunlines, but havent seen froken Azonics. I ride hard......But not that hard. We will see how it goes, I am also very good about inspecting my gear, so if Isee anything I dont like.....Ill ship them out.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Nice!
I tried the Kore 32" flat bars. The low front end was nice, but my bad shoulder couldn't handle the width (surgery to repair a torn cuff). It kept getting torqued whenever I landed a jump or drop. I'm back on 27" bars right now - perfect, no issues whatsoever.

To each's own.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I always wonder why it's 800mm or 710mm for people. There is a lot of space in between. I know I'd never go 800 but same goes for 710. 730/745/760 seem like reasonable lengths for most people.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I always wonder why it's 800mm or 710mm for people. There is a lot of space in between. I know I'd never go 800 but same goes for 710. 730/745/760 seem like reasonable lengths for most people.
Lot's of companies make a 760mm. I think Gravity may be the only ones making a full 800. And yes, the 800 is silly. It is rideable, but I think I'm ready to cut 1" off of it and I'm tall and have very broad shoulders.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Lot's of companies make a 760mm. I think Gravity may be the only ones making a full 800. And yes, the 800 is silly. It is rideable, but I think I'm ready to cut 1" off of it and I'm tall and have very broad shoulders.
Funny thing is, had a kid asking me to order him up a set of 760mm bars... I told him flat out....Dude, those are WAY to wide for you....His shoulders are litterally 34cm wide....I tried explaining to him that he would have great feel on the straights, but he will lose out of cornering, his build just cant support bars like that, and that he would be too stretched out.....He heard I got these, and gave me a bunch of **** about it...I had to remind him My shoulders are a full 50cm wide, and that I can actually get the full benefit of wide bars on my bike.

I think the bigger thing about 800mm bars coming out is that they are marked for cutting down, and that Manf's are realizing instead of making all sizes available, its easier to sell one giagantic size, and index them for cutting to whatever size a rider wants. From a business perspective, it makes sense to me, as a custoemrs perspective.....I dont care, as long as they still honor warranty when I do cut them down.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Funny thing is, had a kid asking me to order him up a set of 760mm bars... I told him flat out....Dude, those are WAY to wide for you....His shoulders are litterally 34cm wide....I tried explaining to him that he would have great feel on the straights, but he will lose out of cornering, his build just cant support bars like that, and that he would be too stretched out.....He heard I got these, and gave me a bunch of **** about it...I had to remind him My shoulders are a full 50cm wide, and that I can actually get the full benefit of wide bars on my bike.

I think the bigger thing about 800mm bars coming out is that they are marked for cutting down, and that Manf's are realizing instead of making all sizes available, its easier to sell one giagantic size, and index them for cutting to whatever size a rider wants. From a business perspective, it makes sense to me, as a custoemrs perspective.....I dont care, as long as they still honor warranty when I do cut them down.
Well I'm probably as slim as the kid and same goes for my friend who is like 165cm high and as slim as me and we both love our 760. Was sceptical and ready to cut to 730 but the improvement could be felt right away and I kept the bars that way.